Can Sugarshack's Buttercream Be Used For Roses Etc?

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 22 Jun 2011 , 2:30am by Unlimited

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:13am
post #1 of 6

I am about to try making Sugarshack's icing for the first time in a couple days and the youtube video looks like it is not very "stiff". . .is this icing useable for making buttercream roses etc or is it just best for filling and covering a cake?

Also, is the powdered coffee creamer just equal portions to water? And is the creamer just "regular" flavor. I am not a coffee drinker so I don't know much about the creamers. . LOL!

Thanks so much!!!

5 replies
Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:24am
post #2 of 6

You can make it any consistency you like, so of course you'll make it pretty stiff for roses. Mix the powdered creamer in equal parts with near boiling water to dissolve it. The powdered creamer is the plain, unflavored creamer for basic buttercream.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 1:23am
post #3 of 6

Hello, Sugar Shack...question, where do you get the wedding cake flavor liquid you use? I saw it in your video, and Ive heard you talk about it...

Thanks bunches...

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 1:31am
post #4 of 6

Globalsugarart sells this flavoring. wedding bouquet. Sharon gets it from B&B in lousianna. hth

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=922&s=180&name=Flavorings%20&%20Extracts

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 1:50am
post #5 of 6

Sharon recommends Wedding Bouquet, but be aware that not everyone likes it! See this thread:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=721123&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 2:30am
post #6 of 6

If you thicken it up with more powdered sugar, it'll be stiff enough to make roses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%