Very Humid Weather And Fondant Help!

Decorating By revital Updated 24 Jun 2011 , 3:52pm by CupcakeMadGirl

revital Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revital Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 12:11am
post #1 of 4

I live in very hot and humid weather, and was wondering if make the cake in AC place, box it and wrap it in plastic before transporting would that help from the fondant sweating?
Thanks,

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 1:32am
post #2 of 4

Yes, to some degree, but in really hot & humid conditions, everything will sweat, no matter what you do.

Rae

Sara_Bee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara_Bee Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 2:10pm
post #3 of 4

I live in Georgia (Humidity Central!) and I found out the hard way a few weekends ago that putting fondant in an airtight spot in humid weather actually made the sweating WORSE. I think it was a combination of the humidity and the moisture from the cupcakes, but the fondant toppers were practically gooey.
My suggestion would be to make two small fondant covered cakes. Put one in a cardboard box, another in plastic, and see which one keeps the best in your climate.
P.S. Why can't it always be 65 degrees and clear??? Cake making would be SO much easier!

CupcakeMadGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeMadGirl Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 3:52pm
post #4 of 4

If you need help with moisture/humidity, my friend actually runs an information and advice site on humidity, dehumidifiers etc....

You might find it useful: Dehumidifiers for Home

Hi, new here by the way icon_smile.gif Looking forward to getting involved with the forum. Quite new to cake creation in general, but Ive really enjoyed and been happy with cupcakes I've been making recently and looking forward to moving onto bigger and better things! I might post up some pictures to see what others think.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%