My First Order! :)

Decorating By beginnerCakeDecoretor Updated 1 Jul 2011 , 8:35pm by warchild

beginnerCakeDecoretor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beginnerCakeDecoretor Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 13

today, I received the first order in my life! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif it is a wedding anniversary cake, I want to keep it simple because I really don't have too much experience to go to a sophisticated cake, yet I want it to look elegant, ideas?

12 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 13

Good luck! Breathe and have fun!

ame120103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ame120103 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 13

Quilting around the sides with pearls and then a cute bow or flowers on top would be simple and elegant. I have a small square blue one in my pics and it was easy to make.

DreamofAngels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamofAngels Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 13

How about a simlpe white round cake decorated with white flowers and the leaves color could match a ribbon along the bottom edge (either the color of their original wedding or silver for 25yrs, gold for 50 yrs). You can crush clear, silver, gold, etc. cake sparkles and sprinkle all over for a subtle sparkly look.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 13

Cornelli lace covers a multitute of sinsicon_smile.gif
You don't say what size/shape you need. it's hard to give you more ideas.
Have you surfed the galleries? I'm sure there will be several that will spark an idea for you.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 13

I did a simple anniversary cake a while back.

Round white fondant covered cake with ivory roses and i made a bead heart to put with roses.

ribbon around the base and piped the writing in white then painted over with matching colour(gold in my case)

Good luck and enjoy it thumbs_up.gif

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 13

You should be able to find inspiration for your first order on the link provided. Its CC Anniversary cakes gallery, & there's 379 pages of lovely cakes you can scan through for ideas.

Have fun! icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=9

kneenah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneenah Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 13

Congrats.. my first real order is due sunday... dr suess cake...

Are u allowed to make what ever decorations for the cake?

katj012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katj012 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 13

Do they have a color scheme in mind? I just did a simple cake that was lilac colored and did blue/purple hydrangeas on it, and it looked great - simple and elegant.

Marla84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marla84 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 4:30pm
post #10 of 13

I love this one from the galleries
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1261698

beginnerCakeDecoretor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beginnerCakeDecoretor Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 12:01pm
post #11 of 13

guys I cant thank you enough for your support! icon_smile.gif I did it! icon_smile.gif and I can post my trial in the cake disasters! icon_smile.gif
actually I was planning to make it all white butter cream with rose cornelli lace, and since the customer was so childish and cute, I was planning to put on the top a teddy bear holding a sign with happy anniversary written on it! icon_smile.gif but my buttercream came out not smooth at all (dont know why) icon_sad.gif so I did my fondant one night before the order and let it rest over the night and I start rolling it on the same day of delivery, I don't know why (it is my first time to experience this with fondant) it came out so crumby :S:S I fixed it and I covered I the cake t with white fondant and some rose colored flowers and on the top the teddy bear (that she LOVED so much) she told me that the cake was fabulous and it tasted so good. her husband ate the first tier (it was two tier cake) and she ate the top tier and her little girl couldnt resist the bear icon_smile.gif
I am happy that at the end the customer was so happy icon_smile.gif
Thank you every one for your care and support icon_smile.gif

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 5:46pm
post #12 of 13

Congratulations! So glad it was such a success for you!! icon_biggrin.gif

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 1 Jul 2011 , 8:35pm
post #13 of 13

Congratulations! We all knew you could do it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%