How To Make This Baby Carriage

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 10:52pm by dogluvr

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:29am
post #1 of 9

This cake is from cakecentral, but I cannot find who made it....does anyone know how to make the yellow part of this baby carriage...to make it look 3D...fluffy? I just love the look of this...thank you

http://i51.tinypic.com/6r691y.jpg[/IMG]

8 replies
dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:34am
post #2 of 9

I am having problems posting this picture of the baby carriage...I'm not sure why...

dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:41am
post #3 of 9

Anyone know if there are problems with attaching pictures...its a .jpg and only 33kb

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:44am
post #4 of 9

There's a problem attaching pics in a post lately. Best way is to use a photo hosting site like tinypic.com and then copy the link they give you here in your post. Another way is to put it in your cake pics. But since it's not your own creation, the mods will probably delete it from there.

dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 12:55am
post #5 of 9

ok..thank you....I tried the tinypics.com..here is the link
http://i51.tinypic.com/6r691y.jpg[/IMG]

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:26am
post #6 of 9

It looks like it is buttercream which has been smoothed out or patted down. I am only guessing because the rest of the cake has been finished in buttercream. Hope this helps.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:01am
post #7 of 9

It looks as though it made with a size 9 or 12 tip and you hold the tip at a 45 degree angle and squeeze. Hold the tip in place until the icing starts to fill in the area and slowly drag it backwards allowing the icing to puff up and fill in the area. I hope you can understand what I said.
evelyn

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 2:26am
post #8 of 9

I agree w/the others, it is b'cream piped with a large round tip, then smoothed (if necessary). The technique is called "figure piping".

dogluvr Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:52pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you for your help....I was thinking that for the carriage top, but wasn't sure about the bottom...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%