Tea Bag Cake

Decorating By Dani084 Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 5:10pm by Marianna46

Dani084 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani084 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 6

Hey everyone! I need help! Has anyone ever seen or made a tea bag cake. I'm super lost on what to do or even how start!! HELP!!

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't, but if I had to do it, I would take a look at one of those "flow-through" tea bags (or whatever they're called) that have been folded over. Take a look at one that's been used, so it will have plumped out. I would try to carve a two-layer cake in about that shape and paint the tea-colored parts on with gel food color dissolved in vodka! Sounds like a fun cake to do. Be sure to let us see a picture of the finished cake if you do it!

Dani084 Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for your advice! It's coming up and i'm still clueless!! lol!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 6:07pm
post #4 of 6

If you wanted it upright, make it similar to the way you'd make a purse ...tapering upward and carving in the side. If laying down (with a more collapsed bag look), possibly carve it similar to carving a pillow cake...carving from the topside and bottom side on the narrow end (just don't make the carved indents like on a pillow cake though) of the tea bag.

I've never seen one or made one but, that is how I'd go about it if I had to.

Dani084 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 6

Hey everyone Check out my final Teabag cake!!
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2176893[url][/url][/quote]

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 6

Hi, Dani084! I just saw your cake and I loved it! I'm sure the person it was for thought it was magnificent. Way to go! Now on to bigger and better cakes! Well, I think that's what we all think when we have a success like this. Anyway, congrats on a job well done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%