Freezing Cake Pops

Decorating By Lindsram Updated 13 Nov 2015 , 10:59am by caken4fun

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 10

Making cake pops today for a wedding on Saturday and I'm going to freeze them. I make cake pops all the time but this is the first for freezing them. How long before should I pull them out of the freezer so they're thawed for Saturday night? TIA!

9 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 10

Are you freezing them coated/decorated? Just wondering because if you are, I would mostly be worried about the chocolate coating cracking when you take them out of the freezer and hit room temperature. Maybe you could do a couple as a test first. If you are freezing them uncoated, they will defrost fully in around half an hour max (unless you happen to make them baseball size!)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 10

No need to freeze them at all. they'll still be fine for Saturday.

Lindsram Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsram Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 10

I was going to freeze them coated. And the only reason I want to freeze is because I don't have enough room in my fridge. Just bought a new stand up freezer and there's more than enough room in there. I'm just not sure I want to leave them at room temp for 5 days.

cakepopsbypam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepopsbypam Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 10

Just put them in an air-tight container and keep them in a cool place, like the basement. Cake pops are good for 2-3 weeks if they are protected. No need to freeze them.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 22 Jun 2011 , 6:08am
post #6 of 10

The cakepops will crack when they come to room temp if you freeze them.

I learned that the hard way last week, as the cake thaws, liquid/condensation is released and the cake expands, cracking the coating.

camber09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camber09 Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 6:27am
post #7 of 10

AHi I have to make 15 dozen cake pops for saturday dec 20 how early can I start making them? I wanted to roll them and freeze them this sunday dec 15. Woukd that be alright

MMDORLUS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MMDORLUS Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:38am
post #8 of 10

Do you put them in an air tight container after you roll them or after you dip them and let them dry?

Baking Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:49am
post #9 of 10

AAfter they are dipped and dried:)

caken4fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caken4fun Posted 13 Nov 2015 , 10:59am
post #10 of 10

Did you freeze your cake pops undipped and if so how were they when they came out?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%