Fondant

Decorating By madame-gateau Updated 23 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm by charliecakes

madame-gateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madame-gateau Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone give me some pros and cons to Pettinice, Fonderrific, and Fondx. I'm trying to decide which one to order. I live in Chicago and will need it for an outdoor event in July. So it will be hot and probably humid. I will be covering a 2 tiered cake and making some flowers with it. I have heard enough bad things about Satinice to know that I don't want to use it and the one that I heard is the best by Callebaut is super expensive and hard to find. PLEASE HELP!!!

4 replies
simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 5

What have you heard about Satin Ice? I use it religiously and have never had a problem. Just curious?

madame-gateau Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:59am
post #3 of 5

I heard it rips easy, that it is very sticky and can get slimy in humidity. I also heard that it doesn't taste as good as some of the others. Maybe I'm wrong. Can you give me the pros and cons of Satinice?

madame-gateau Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 5

I've decided to go with Carma's Massa Ticino. I may have to mortgage my house but at least my cake will taste good...

charliecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charliecakes Posted 23 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 5

Satin Ice is Great Fondant but I do make and live by Michelle Foster's Fondant. Excellent Taste and workability.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%