Love My Agbay X 2

Decorating By leah_s Updated 19 Jun 2011 , 3:42pm by rowingmom

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 4

I've posted a couple of times this weeks in different threads, that I got a single blade Agbay to go along with my double blade Agbay. The double is fantastic for leveling and torting a layer of cake with one swipe. It's even, it's level and it's at the precise height I require. Best. Cake. Leveler. EVER!

So I got a single blade also. I'm using it to cut the icing off the top of the cake, leaving a nice edge and a flat top. I use a non-crusting icing, so I still have a bit of edge cleanup to do with a hot spatula, but let me just say, getting the top edge even just got a lot easier and faster.

If you're still waiting to buy the Agbay, just know that you can use it for a second job to make your caking life even easier!

::happy dance::

3 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 4

Great discovery. Thanks for sharing. icon_smile.gif

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 4

Got mine a few months ago and LOVE it! I had to convince DH is was a good investment, since he has seen me use it he is very impressed. Wish I had bought the double blade though, I am saving for the add on blade! I took mine down to my friends cake shop and helped her at Graduation, she loved it so much she bought the double blade one last week.

Even though I don't make a high volumn of cakes, it is still the best cake investment I have made so far!

rowingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowingmom Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 4

It is the best investment that I made this year. It speeds my production up so much and makes a level cake so much easier! I like the tip on the icing with the single blade. Thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%