For Bakeries That Lease Kitchen Space

Business By zuzucakes Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 1:29am by lorieleann

zuzucakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zuzucakes Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 6:42am
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I have someone that is interested in leasing kitchen space from me , but she has a 3 person team.... would you charge an extra rate due to the amount of people , kind of like a hotel ? icon_smile.gif

Thank you in advance for your help.

4 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 19 Jun 2011 , 11:03am
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't charge extra, since it doesn't cost you extra to have additional people using the same amount of space. Just make sure the tenant has their own liability insurance policy for your location that covers everyone who will be working there.

zuzucakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zuzucakes Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:11am
post #3 of 5

Yes , I understand what you are saying, but it is costing me more money....

More water, dis towels. paper products, space in kitchen .. and rent ... Rent being they have 3 people , instead of 1 doing same job , so they only need 20 hours per week not 30 and using more physical space to do so. Since they do this I can not bring in more tenants..

If I had evey tenant have a team ... we could easily have 20 people in the bakery,

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:22am
post #4 of 5

If they are using more than their allotted space or causing hassles for other tenants, then you should be either charging them more or limiting the number of people.

In the kitchen we rent, there are three separate workspaces, and you are only allowed to use the workspace you sign up for, but we regularly have 2-3 people working in that workspace. If we spilled out into other workspaces we would be charged extra...is that what's happening here?

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

My space is small and the schedule is worked out by day or evening shifts. The health department has regulations on how many people can be in a space here, so they were most interested in how many people wer ein my operation. Since I would rarely overlap with other tenants, it isn't an issue. If I wanted to hire two extra people on my shift time ( evenings weekday or weekend)' then then I would just have to put them on my insurance.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%