How Much Batter For Jumbo Cupcakes?

Baking By Penny7271 Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm by lutie

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! I am baking cupcakes for Father's Day. And instead of the standard (regular) cupcakes, I am going to make the larger ones.

I use a scoop for the standard ones, so I am not even sure how much batter I use....

Can someone tell me how much batter the jumbo ones need?

Thanks in advance!

5 replies
lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 6

I always fill mine 2/3 full, no matter the size of the cupcake papers...works every time...

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 6

If you're not sure, just fill up two or three cups with different amounts and bake a trial run.

Bettyviolet101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettyviolet101 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 6

I just did one two days ago and my first one came out MUCH smaller than the pan. So Yeah I think about 2/3 is good. I filled it up more than I was comfortable with and it came out great. Except the very large sinking hole in the "liner". If that happens just fill it with butter cream icon_smile.gif Lol I have no idea what happened!

Penny7271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Penny7271 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for all of your replies. I know the 2/3 rule....but I was looking for an actual measurement (1/2 cup, etc) if anyone knows how much they used that would be fantastic!

Thank you all again!

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny7271

Thank you for all of your replies. I know the 2/3 rule....but I was looking for an actual measurement (1/2 cup, etc) if anyone knows how much they used that would be fantastic!

Thank you all again!

It depends upon the size of your jumbo papers...some are larger than others...that is why the 2/3 rule is the norm...BTW, do you want domes
or flat tops? Your oven temp is what you can adjust to get either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%