"the Mat" I Just Ordered Mine! Anyone Else Use? Ur

Decorating By Cosima Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 5:40pm by blademanswife

Cosima Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cosima Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 7

I just placed an order on this. It's perfect for me who works out of my home and has tile counter tops and lack of space. This allows me the sanitation and ease of working fondant.

Anyone use this? Your thoughts?
http://shop.sweetwise.com/mat-featured-product/the-mat.html?q=buy-the-mat.html

Also what are your thoughts on this leveler?
http://www.fatdaddios.com/catalog/cake-levelers-5-3

6 replies
peetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peetz Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

I gatta get me one of those!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 7

I thought she was going to come out with a new version that had measurements on the mat. I'm still waiting for that.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 7

Wow I need one of this too! I'd save myself a fortune in powdered sugar and cleaning spray to get rid of the sticky! That's going to the top of my 'want' list!

Levellers I have no idea about...I would like one but from what I have heard from agbay owners nothing else is any good so I don't want to splash out to find I wasted my money!

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 7

I have it and it does allow me to roll the fondant nice and thin. However, I get a lot of pock marks in my fondant - just trapped air. I roll it inside the mat then I take the top mat off and use my rolling pin directly on it. This might just be "me" so it may not happen to you.

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 7

I have one and love it! For pock marks, which do happen often, take a little bit of powdered sugar and sprinkle on the fondant and then roll over it again - that should get rid of your pock marks perfectly! I too, am still waiting on the "Deluxe" version with the measurements...

blademanswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blademanswife Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:40pm
post #7 of 7

I am new to the fondant world and ordered the mat right away and couldn't believe how easy fondant is with the mat. Sweetwise also has wonderful videos on you tube check them out..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%