Duff's New Air Brushing Machine

Decorating By kimmyboo925 Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 12:12am by tiggy2

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:57am
post #1 of 10

Hey did anyone pick this up yet? I was wondering about duffs airbrush at michaels craft store.... did anyone get it yet... any feedback>

9 replies
Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:19am
post #2 of 10

I believe there is already a thread started about this. Some had just baught it but hadn't had a chance to use it, do a serch for duff air brush and it should come up for you. HTH!! icon_smile.gif

cupncake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupncake1 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:00am
post #3 of 10

I just got it but I have no idea how to airbrush, I cant seem to get a thin precise line- dont know if it's just me or the machine, I've only used it on whipped frosting but even on low I think it's pretty strong so I cant get too close or it will blast the frosting away

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:13am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupncake1

I just got it but I have no idea how to airbrush, I cant seem to get a thin precise line- dont know if it's just me or the machine, I've only used it on whipped frosting but even on low I think it's pretty strong so I cant get too close or it will blast the frosting away

YouTube have a lot of great videos on how to airbrush...that's how I learned.

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 10

I just got a great deal on the Duff Airbrush from Michaels. It was already on sale, which I didn't realize at the time. Then the guy let me use a Joann's 50% off coupon, and another Michael's coupon. I was too excited. Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet however.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 10

Can you adjust the psi on it? If not you won't be able to get close without blowing the icing off. My compressor is adjustable so I can adjust the psi down low and get closer.

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 10

Wow, they honour other store's coupons? Mine does not. My store is also not customer friendly.
If you do not own one and don't want to pay that much $120.00 that I saw the other day, Harbour Freight tools (cheap tool discounter) also sells compressors for a cheaper price.
Let us know how it goes. Good luck

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 10

i've heard michaels and joanne's will honor competitors coupons. AND i heard if you didn't print out your coupon, can just show them your coupon email on your smart phone.

too bad i don't have a smart phone ...

dst10spr97 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dst10spr97 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:18pm
post #9 of 10

They honor eachothers coupons, but then someone told me you can use more than one coupon if they were from different stores. One store allowed me to do it, but another store wouldn't, go figure. I know you can adjust it to low, medium and high. It looks similar to the one Edna DeLa Cruz has on her website.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 12:12am
post #10 of 10

Low, med, high doesn't tell what psi it is. You need to be around 15psi for for cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%