Love This Bride - First Wedding Cake

Decorating By Junebugsgirl Updated 15 Jul 2011 , 4:51am by SammieB

Junebugsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junebugsgirl Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 12:33am
post #1 of 7

My first wedding cake is coming up in July. After hearing some of the "bridezilla" stories I wish I could clone this bride!
We are doing a three-tier with white buttercreme and multi-color daisies. The fun surprise will be the bottom tier is going to be "tie-dye" colored French Vanilla cake! How fun!

This was the line from her e-mail today that still has me smiling - had to share

We do want it to be fun. That is all we are asking. Don't worry about it being not "elegant" enough. The whole wedding is very fun, colorful, pretty wild. So feel free to make the cake just as funky! =)

Lucky me to have such a gem!

6 replies
KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:27am
post #2 of 7

Very awesome!!! icon_biggrin.gif

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 7

Sounds like you have a Winner of a Bride! icon_biggrin.gif Good luck!! icon_wink.gif

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:41pm
post #4 of 7

What an awesome first wedding experience for you! Congrats on landing a wonderful bride!

Junebugsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junebugsgirl Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:40am
post #5 of 7

Well, the cake turned out "totally awesome" according to the bride! I think I love her icon_wink.gif

Am happy that I could be a small part of making that day so special for her. She has called and emailed to let me know just how much she and her new DH loved it. What a great feeling! No wonder I am hooked on this "hobby"!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:19am
post #6 of 7

After all the bridezilla stories on this site it is refreshing to hear something so wonderful!!! Congratulations to both you and the bride!!!! icon_smile.gif

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:51am
post #7 of 7

That is wonderful! It's not often that you see go with the flow, laid back type of brides. My only goal the day I got married was that everyone had fun, and at the end of the day I would be married. We got married out in the country on my family's property with 300 people in the fall. Big bonfire, dance floor, and a huge cookout for the reception. My cake was a 3 tier, strawberry top, vanilla middle, chocolate bottom, white fondant with black cow spots all over it. I had a bull and a heifer for my toppers. Redneck? Yes. But it was one heckuva good cake. I had a hard time trying to convince the baker I was for real.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%