didnt haggle icon_eek.gif
didnt make outrageous requests tapedshut.gif
and pay for her order in advance, in FULL. thumbs_up.gif

Why cant they all be like this icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

4 replies
KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 6:38am
post #2 of 5

Don't you just love those??? And they always seem to happen at just the time when you need them the most to renew your faith in people. icon_biggrin.gif

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:25pm
post #3 of 5

very true cali. the very same day I was fuming at how rude one of my customers was. I offer free sample cake balls (just dipped-undecorated, chef's choice flavors). Well one woman called asking for some samples, and since she ws a return customer I had no problem with giving her a few. She makes up every reason why she cant come pick them up (doesnt know her way around, etc) and wants to know if I can deliver them. uh, no. I also tell her 8 pm would be best for pick up and she whines for 6 pm. ok fine. My husband very sweetly volunteered to meet her at the local market on his way to run some errands. God I should have seen this coming.
Long story short, the woman is over an HOUR late. I told my husband to LEAVE. (I would have told him to leave a lot sooner too if i had known he was still waiting on her!) about 10 minutes after my husband leaves, she calls me saying she cant find his car. I said HE LEFT!
She goes "whhyyyy??"
I said this is my husband who sweetly offered to meet you for your FREE samples. You told us 6 and he was there 5:55. You kept him waiting in the car and he is very busy, so naturally he left.
Not even an apology!! Just "Ok..no problem."
If i was in her shoes, well I never would have done that, but if I had, I would be crying and apologising!!
She has an order for the 23rd and hasnt paid deposit yet, I'm really considering not being available anymore...just dont know if thats good business practice or not.

So when you get a customer like the one I mentioned above, it's like a breath of fresh air!!!!

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:27pm
post #4 of 5

oh by the way, the great customer I mentioned is a bride!!!! I was so expecting a bridezilla! She just said heres what i want, for this many people, in this color, on this day. how much? paid.
YAY!

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:02pm
post #5 of 5

I just got a glorious customer too!! And yes it was a breath of fresh air after some super nasty people lately. Anywho.....she emailed me for a cake she needs July 2nd, mailed me the invite to use as model for style, colors and design and said we Luke chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla so anything with those flavors will be great. I quoted her, she mailed the entire amount that day!!! This is het daughters 1st birthday and she gave me free creative reign on the cake, other than trying to match the invite colors and butterfly theme!!!

Ah how I wish all orders were this lovely!! It makes doing the cake so much fun and I am super excited about this one icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%