I Need An Idea, Please Help!!!!

Decorating By cakelady2266 Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 11:31am by sugarxosugar143

cakelady2266 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady2266 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:16am
post #1 of 7

I have a cake order for a ladies 100th birthday. The family wants to stick with a 1/2 sheet cake and my instructions were this "make it cute and funny". I'm at a lose on what to do for a sheet cake that is cute and funny for a 100th birthday. I have ideas for sweet or classic or dainty or vintage. Can someone throw an idea or picture my way. Thanksicon_smile.gif

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:30am
post #2 of 7

Have you ever seen those Maxine cartoons? A grey-haired broad who always has some pithy comment about aging (without being cruel, I might add!). There have been several cakes featuring her on here - just search the galleries, or just google Maxine. Since I'm right in the age range she represents, I adore her - she's my alter ego when push comes to shove.

CarrotJockey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarrotJockey Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:34am
post #3 of 7

All I can think of is a cake made to look like a real pie...then have a granny figure on top holding a big oversize fork. icon_lol.gif

KalisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KalisCakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:41am
post #4 of 7

Good job Marianna! I was gonna suggest the same thing! lol

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 5:46am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotJockey

All I can think of is a cake made to look like a real pie...then have a granny figure on top holding a big oversize fork. icon_lol.gif

I would start with a good classic flavor cake, or maybe a twist on a pie in cake form! My newest recipe is a sweet potato cake in WASC style! I think the idea of a "pie" with "granny" digging in is so cute! BUT if you are not good with making people, what about a classic country, ole timey dish...fried chicken, corn, mashed patatos, and some greens! ( in the south, we refer to "greens" as some cooked down collard greens) Something someone at 100 would definitely recognize!

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 10:47am
post #6 of 7

Research 1911 and see if there is some sort of retro vintage look you can come up with. I would especially look at the fashion as a jumping-off point.

sugarxosugar143 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarxosugar143 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 11:31am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotJockey

haha! i love that idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%