1000 Watt Viking Professional Mixer?

Decorating By cakeRocket Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 1:27am by cakeRocket

cakeRocket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeRocket Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 3:37am
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have this mixer 1000 watt Viking Professional Mixer? I found one here in town but haven't heard anything about it so i was wondering if anyone knew if it was a good mixer. I hate my KA and need something bigger. Any advice would or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

icon_biggrin.gif Thanksicon_smile.gif

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:44am
post #2 of 8

All I can say is that Viking generally makes a very good product. How big is the bowl?

cakeRocket Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:06am
post #3 of 8

It's a 7 quart and it's a 2006 model. She's selling it for $400. Good deal?

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:45am
post #4 of 8

...interesting...did you know you can get a brand new 7qt, 1000 watt cuisinart for that price? Thing to think about is that will will come with a warrenty and be BRAND NEW, no one else's problems...if you want a professional, commercial size mixer, I would be looking into a larger mixer, otherwise, you are better off going to bed bath and beyond and getting one! Just sayin! icon_biggrin.gif

cakeRocket Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:51am
post #5 of 8

I can't get a 7 quart cuisinart for 400 in Canada. It sells for 700 here new. I've been looking for it used but so such luck. I could order it online from the States for 450 but that doesn't include shipping and the currency exchange. So all in all I'm still saving some cash by purchasing it used.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 4:56am
post #6 of 8

ahhh!! failed to ask where you were located LOL! I personally went back and forth for months between buying new, or used, and for me, it boiled down to the fact I searched for months and all I found were small wedding gift people wanted to make money off of by selling, or 50 year old rusted out pieces of s&*T!! Keep your eye out if you do not jump on this one! If you are ready and serious to buy it, contact the seller and make sure to run the machine and possibly take someone with you that is mechanically inclined that could help you to spot potential problems! Viking would be a good brand to invest into!

cakeRocket Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:01am
post #7 of 8

Yeah, it's the Canadian Curse for usicon_sad.gif I'm going tomorrow and taking my husband, he knows what to look for so i really hope it works! Thanks for the adivceicon_smile.gif

cakeRocket Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 1:27am
post #8 of 8

I bought the Viking and what a beauty it is! It purrs like a kitten and i'm so glad i bought it. I'm excited to start using it and see what it is capable of, the attachments alone are heavy duty compared to the KA which seem "dainty" now. So I'm happy with my purchase and keep my fingers crossed i don't regret writing this latericon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%