Whoopie Pies

Baking By WiggyS Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 3:47am by SarahBeth3

WiggyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WiggyS Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:40am
post #1 of 7

My son wants whoopie pies instead of cupcakes for his wedding. How do I display them? I was planning on using a cupcake tower. Should the pies be served in a cupcake paper? Stacked? I need suggestions.

6 replies
SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 3:18am
post #2 of 7

I think it would be cute to tie them with a ribbon like this on a cupcake display:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5_Asq52aBhM/TOxQM7B4i3I/AAAAAAAAAx4/vfnGcEGLbkI/s400/whoopie%2Bpies%2B088.JPG

It would be cute on a big platter or in a huge shallow bowl, but them you would probably want tongs out or something so you don't have people (especially kids) touching ones they aren't going to be eating.

Putting them on flattened out cupcake liners sounds nice too. You could even do 2 liners under each pie in the wedding colors, having one fatter than the other so you can see both of them. That might give it more of an elegant feel.

SarahBeth3 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 3:23am
post #3 of 7

You know I just thought of this. You could put them in individual clear plastic bags tied with ribbon and then put a sticker on the outside with the couple's names and the date printed on it, or even a little message from your son and d-i-l to the guests. Then you could display the pies in just about any way you wanted. In baskets, bowls, platters, cake stands, gift boxes lined with tissue paper... any combination of the above, or even just laid out on the table in rows.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 7

Wilton now has a muffin top/ small tart liner that is firm like a cupcake liner but is about a 2.5" base by .25" high. I havent tried them with woopies yet, but I got a pack to try them out.

deuceofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deuceofcakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 7

I think it depends upon your whoopie pie recipe. I've made several different recipes trying to find one I like best. Some whoopie pies are quite sticky on the outside, and if yours are too, then cupcake wrappers are the way to go. But if yours aren't particularly sticky, than I think you could place them around a cupcake tower along with a pair of tongs if you like. Cranberry Island Kitchens makes great whoopies (they're based in Portland Maine) and if you go to their website, under their "bridal and special occasion" section you will see they've got their vanilla whoopies on a tiered platter. HTH.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 7

That is a REALLY cute idea with the ribbon! And the idea of individual bags and a sticker with their name is awesome, love it!

Another idea if you didn't want to go to the trouble of wrapping each individually is to have them going around a plate at like a 45 degree angle... I hope this isn't confusing. Sort of a round of pies slightly angled so there is no definite starting point.

SarahBeth3 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 3:47am
post #7 of 7

WiggyS, what did you decide on the woopies? Were you able to come up with a serving idea you liked?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%