Super Excited!!!

Decorating By MHCakes2 Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 2:38am by pinklatte

MHCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MHCakes2 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 7

I went to the store today to pick up marshmallows to make fondant. While I was there I notice there are now MANY different flavors of marshmallows, which are colored to match the flavor. I have to make black fondant - which is a pain in the rumpus - but to my luck I found chocolate flavored marshmallows, which are brown in color. I bought them hoping that they would melt right and that it would make a brown colored fondant - AND IT DID!!! Not only will I not have to use so much black color to make it, but it tastes super yummy too. I'm excited next to try the strawberry ones for either pink or red fondant.

6 replies
obitay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obitay Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 7

where did you get these chocolate marshmallows?

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 7

I've seen them at Wal-Mart and Target.

MHCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MHCakes2 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 12:23am
post #4 of 7

I got them at Wal-Mart. They are Kraft Jet-Puffed Chocolate Royale marshmallows. They come in 8 oz bags.

sugarandstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandstuff Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #5 of 7

I always use the strawberry ones for pink - they taste so good and make an awesome fondant. I recently did a princess theme coconut cake with strawberry preserves covered in the strawberry pink fondant - customer LOVED it!

Junebugsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junebugsgirl Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:00am
post #6 of 7

Thanks so much! I have to make chocolate fondant ropes for a wedding cake next month and was just trying to figure out how to get the "right" brown color I need... I think you just solved all my problems!

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:38am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tip. My husband pointed out the chocolate and strawberry ones however I totally dismissed it. Not sure why, however next time I go I'll pick some up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%