To Ice Cake On Final Board Or Another Board For Transfer?

Decorating By shannycakers Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 7:37pm by TexasSugar

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all, right now my business docorates the cake on its final board, stack and ice all on the final board thats going out the door, no moving no smudging.

But I see some people ice the cake on a temp board on turntable and then transfer afterward fondant is applied. I would like to start doing this but I am wondering how you keep from messing up your neat icing job/fondant job if you have to pick the cake up for transfer to another board. Do you put your cake on the next size up board and take your frosting out to that level, that way your picking up the whole thing boarded sturday or put an 8 inch on an 8 inch cake board and mess up for frosting when you move it to its destination board since the frosting is past the cake. I hope im making sense, see i never move my cakes once i start unless its a small tier. Thought on how you ice n board your cakes??

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

You put your cake on the same size cake board, 8in cake on 8in cake board, and ice it, decorate it and what ever. Then move both the cake and the cake board to a larger, nicer/decorated cake board/base and add your border on.

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you Texas Sugar! I am going to start doing this, as its hard to get the big board and everything in the frigerator before the fondant is applied and it would be so much easier to do it that way..first icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

Oh I like the smaller board when fondanting as well. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%