Apply Fondant To Plastic Pieces

Decorating By Mirian Updated 13 Jun 2011 , 2:04pm by Mirian

Mirian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mirian Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 9:19am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,

I am preparing a first birthday cake, carousel cake from wilton, and I would like to know, how to apply the fondant to the plastic pieces of the cake kit.
And if possible, how do I keep the bright color of the fondant, as it usual fades when drying?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards.
Mirian

5 replies
dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:08pm
post #2 of 6

I use piping gel to attached the fondant. As far as the fading keep it out of the sunlight and heat of course. Good luck.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:09pm
post #3 of 6

I use piping gel to attached the fondant. As far as the fading keep it out of the sunlight and heat of course. Good luck.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 6

I'm not familiar with this fondant on plastic technique, but I would suggest a light smear of piping gel on the plastic - just to make it tacky. Don't put on too much or your fondant will just slide around.

Keep the cake boxed up and protected from light in order to prevent fading. I use Satin Ice colored fondants and never have fading problems even when I've left the cake exposed to light for a day.

pbhobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbhobby Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 6

I've applied fondant to the Wilton castle kit a number of times. I use an edible glue made from a mixture of 2 Tbs of boiling water that has been cooled until warm and 1/4 tsp of Tylose. I've never had any problems applying it or staying onto the plastic.

Mirian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mirian Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you very much for all your replies.
I will try them and will let you now the result.
Thanks a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%