Know A Good Pina Colada Cake Recipe?

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 1:02pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 15

Looking for a great pina colada cake recipe and besides putting the coconut ON top of cake, can you incorporate it in the cake batter or will that not work? Just an idea? THanks to all!

14 replies
jenscreativity Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 15

can anyone help me on this one at all please? Thanks so much!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:03am
post #4 of 15

Last time I made it, I took my basic white cake recipe and added crushed pineapple, coconut ( i think I toasted it for that extra layer of flavor), Malibu ( coconut rum) and im thinking maybe coconut extract?

I dont have the exact measurements for what I used. I kept adding and tasting the batter.

ShakyCakes99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShakyCakes99 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:22am
post #5 of 15

I am just a newbie around here, but I have used the basic principle of the WASC cake and used a box of DH pineapple supreme, and put coconut extract instead of vanilla, and also used one cup of pineapple juice instead of water or milk in the batter.
You could also use the white cake mix and still use pineapple juice and coconut extract. I have also used coconut extract in my buttercream.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 2:23am
post #6 of 15

This might work. Tropic Breeze - MacsMom
2 pkgs white cake mix
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1-1/2 t salt
1 small pkg banana pudding
8 egg whites
4 Yoplait banana cream yogurts
1/4 c oil
2 c coconut creamer (Coffee Mate)
2/3 c Malibu rum or pineapple juice
1 t coconut extract
1 t banana extract
1 t LoRann Pina Colada flavoring or pineapple extract

jenscreativity Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 15

Great! Thank you! Thank you!! YAY!

newcakester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakester Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 12:40pm
post #8 of 15

What flavor icing would you use with the tropic breeze recipe?

jenscreativity Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 15

OH and one more thing please! Have these recipes been tried? The reason I ask is because I"m selling my 2 wedding cake and I want it to be soo good for the tasting! I don't have time to just try all of these recipes that sound great..so I want to be sure they were tried and true!

Thanks again!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 13 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #10 of 15

This is the best piña colada cake I've ever had.

It's brown sugar cake sprinkled with rum, with a homemade pineapple filling and a coconut milk/coconut extract Italian Meringue Buttercream.

It's my aunt's and my boyfriend's favorite cake (and mine too), so I have to make it often.

Scratch cake.

http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2009/06/if-you-like-pina-coladas-and-getting.html

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:50am
post #11 of 15

I made the Tropical Breeze recipe into cupcakes and it was really good. I made a butter cream and added a couple of drops of Pina Colada candy oil to the frosting.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:48pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

It's brown sugar cake sprinkled with rum, with a homemade pineapple filling and a coconut milk/coconut extract Italian Meringue Buttercream.

It's my aunt's and my boyfriend's favorite cake (and mine too), so I have to make it often.

Scratch cake.

http://lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com/2009/06/if-you-like-pina-coladas-and-getting.html

What does the brown sugar cake taste like by itself? I'm curious.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:05pm
post #13 of 15

I use my regular white cake recipe, add some coconut, well drained pineapple and pina colada flavoring. Customers love it. Loranne flavors are your best friend.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 5:29pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagenthatnj

Scratch cake.

What does the brown sugar cake taste like by itself? I'm curious.

It tastes just like a sweet buttermilk cake. I was afraid that all by itself it would be too sweet because of the amount of brown sugar, but it wasn't.

Since tons of people baked from that book for a whole year and then blogged about it, I learned that the cake gets better on day 2 and day 3, and it stays moist probably because of the rum. So, I've never had the cake right away.

More tips on the third paragraph of this other blogger:

http://susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com/2011/02/pina-colada-cake-for-special-birthday.html

(Tons of entries in google for this thing...lol)

jenscreativity Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:02pm
post #15 of 15

OK! SO, I tried the one imagenthatnj brought up and it's very good! The only difference I did was add real pineapple juice INSTEAD of the extract and used reg. buttercream icing with coconut ext. in it instead of van. YUMMY!

I DO, however, want to try the other recipes sometime. Thanks to all and have fun baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%