Vintage Shaped Character Pans

Decorating By ChunkkeeMunkkee Updated 15 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm by TexasSugar

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

So lately I have been bitten by the "Collector Bug". I'm suddenly collecting Wilton Vintage Shaped Pans. It started when I went looking for Mickey Mouse on eBay. You can't "buy now" for less than $50! Cookie Monster is going for $40 and on and on.... Are these really collector's items? I have been SO lucky to find hard to get pans for no more than $12.00. I'm wondering if I should turn around and sell them and make a fast buck myself lol... seriously, are these 1970's and 1980's pan really worth that much??

3 replies
Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 4

I shop a lot on Ebay and ya , Ive seen some of these too. I suppose they are worth that much if that is what a client is asking for. I have bought a few but I have never paid more than 20.00 and that includes shipping. I think some people are delusional when it comes to selling their things on ebay. If it doesn't sell they just keeping posting it again and again. I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 11:56am
post #3 of 4

I agree with Sorelle. I just can't see paying that much for a pan however I am a hobbyist and I can't sell from home. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 4

I would pay that much for a pan. Years ago there was a dragon pan that went for bigger bucks, and I would have liked to have it but could never justify the expense. I couldn't justify it for a Mickey Mouse or any other copyrighted cake pans now, but that is just me. If you want to sell them then do so, but I wouldn't expect everyone to want to pay $50 for a Mickey pan. I'd wonder how long that 'buy now' has been sitting there myself.

Have you seen this book?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0764318578/?tag=cakecentral-20

It tells you which pans, were worth what when she wrote the book. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%