4Th Of July Birthday Cake For Male14 And Female 19 One Cake

Decorating By more_to_love Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 7:50pm by kristiemarie

more_to_love Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
more_to_love Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter will be 19 and my nephew will be 14 on the 4th of july i usually make 2 different cakes to fit each personality but this year they dont need seperate cakes... any suggestions on how to decorate a cake for the 2 together? [/b]

6 replies
Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 7

One cake for 2 people on the 4th of July- I would be tempted to do an over the top 4th of July cake. Trying to get two personalized effects on one cake could be a bit schizophrenic.

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

I agree with Narie. I think a fantastic stars and stripes cake would be the way to go!

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 7

You could do the July 4th theme with one side all girlie & one side more masculine. Maybe using the standard wilton star cutters for his & then cut them to be more pointed & dainty for her's? You could glitter her side & not his? Just an idea... icon_smile.gif

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 7

I'm leaning towards a 2 tier cake, one tier for each birthday recipient.

My personal opinion would be to not do a red, white, and blue 4th of July theme. It just seems to detract away from their special day and seems to be a cake for the entire family. After all, I wouldn't make a Christmas themed cake for a birthday party on Christmas.

ChunkkeeMunkkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChunkkeeMunkkee Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:38pm
post #6 of 7

I'm with TUG... the red, white and blue although beautiful on our Country's Flag will totally steal the Bday Thunder! If the cake girls did quintuplets on one cake I am sure you can do 2 tiers for the 2 Bday "kids". Maybe add a sparkling candles if you really want the 4th "effect". Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 7

Yeah I'd totally skip the 4th of July part of the design... I mean really how much can you do with it? Most 4th designs are pretty much the same.

I'd do maybe a two tier with different designs but complementing color schemes. That way, each can have their own part of the cake but still one cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%