Expensive Cupcake Liners Are Better???????????

Baking By FACSlady Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm by labmom

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 18

I just used some expensive, sturdy, grease proof liners for my cupcake bouquet. I had some batter left over, but no more liners, so I used cheap white liners instead. I took the cupcakes out of the pan right awaylet them cool completely, then covered the tops only loosely with plastic wrap. Guess what? Every single expensive liner seriously pulled away from the cupcakes. Some totally pulled away. The ones with the cheap paper liners stayed perfectly attached to the cupcakes. I give up!

17 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:25pm
post #2 of 18

I hate trying to find good cupcake liners. I like the foil liners but they are more expensive than the paper. And I bought some at my suppliers but they are not as tall as i would like them to be. And with people making more and more cupcakes it is harder to find cupcake liners. I don't like wiltons. I have a cupcake project for this coming weekend and I have been wondering the same thing that what If i get them all baked and they come off.

I saw some nice deep cupcake liners in a magazine but it never said where they were from.

If anyone knows of any reliable liners i too would like the information

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 18

My favorite liners are the Reynolds foil liners and for some strange reason the Target down the street sells them for $1.07. Every time I'm there I grab as many packs as I can.

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:59pm
post #4 of 18

If you have stores like Ross, Marshall's and TJ Maxx in your area, go to the back and check the housewares area where there are pots and pans and such. You would be surprised at the things you find.

Cupcake Creations brand liners can be found there, and they are sturdy enough to be used on a cookie sheet, grease-proof and usually cute as can be. I love them and I stop and check every time I pass one of the above stores. I have found different designs 2 days after buying out the same store!

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:01am
post #5 of 18

p.s. http : // www . createcupcakes . com / cupcakecreations /

Take out the spaces!

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:02am
post #6 of 18

I also really like the Reynolds foil liners... I also like their "Staybrite" line and I hope they come out with more designs!

But I've also just discovered "If You Care Unbleached Parchment" liners! They're a little more expensive $1.89 for 60 at my local natural foods store. But they're amazing! They don't pull away from the cupcakes, but they do pull off cleanly when you peel the wrapper, you don't end up with lots of cake stuck to the wrapper! They are my new "plain" wrapper icon_smile.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:27am
post #7 of 18

Not all expensive, greaseproof liners are created equal. Like anything else, it is easy to describe them that way when it just isn't true. After many tests, I have found a great liner. I only use the brown regular or tulip, so those are the only ones I can vouch for. Also Reynold's Foil are high quality.

Anyone interested, let me know, as I would need to get the invoice.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Not all expensive, greaseproof liners are created equal. Like anything else, it is easy to describe them that way when it just isn't true. After many tests, I have found a great liner. I only use the brown regular or tulip, so those are the only ones I can vouch for. Also Reynold's Foil are high quality.

Anyone interested, let me know, as I would need to get the invoice.

scp1127 - If you don't mind, I would love to know where you get the great liners. I am looking for brown ones and am tired of all the ones I have tried so far that pull away from the cupcakes.
Thanks
DAH

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:09pm
post #9 of 18

scp1127

me too! Does anybody know about the ones sold at Golda's Kitchen? I was looking at them this morning and started to order then thought I check here first.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:15pm
post #10 of 18

scp1127

me too! Does anybody know about the ones sold at Golda's Kitchen? I was looking at them this morning and started to order then thought I check here first.

MamaNenascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaNenascakes Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:46pm
post #11 of 18

Just a note, I got ones at Michael's and the were ok, not expensive but they smelled so bad! From this brand Celebrate...

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:13am
post #12 of 18

I bought HL liners, grease-proof, exactly the design I wanted, 32 for three.99. Got the rest at M's, Celebrate line, 75 for same price. The HL ones all started to peel, the M's were fne.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 8:59am
post #13 of 18

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/brown_baking_cups.aspx

The other I use is the tulip. I have never used the others so I can't comment on the quality.

FACSlady Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 12:30pm
post #14 of 18

I used the same thing, different color.

nhbakingmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbakingmom Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 12:52pm
post #15 of 18

I have a question about filling muffin liners. I attached a picture of what I'm going to try to describe.

How can I avoid the "pleat" in the muffin liner? Some come out fine and some fold in - it drives me nuts!! I've tried pouring batter in slowly, I've tried putting the liner in all the way, just barely resting on the muffin pan - and it's a crap shoot whether or not it fold in. Do you have any suggestions?

My batter is loose, but it doesn't seem to matter what I make, I get the same mixed results. The liners in this picture are Wilton, but it seems like I get this w/ some other brands too. What am I doing wrong?

FACSlady Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:24pm
post #16 of 18

I noticed that that happened with some of mu pans but not with others. Some pans are shaped narrower at the bottom, so you have to tap the liners into the pan to make them fit. It's those that have the problem. In the pans where the liners sit in easily, I don't have the problem. I finally went out and bought some new ones.

ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 2:53pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/brown_baking_cups.aspx

The other I use is the tulip. I have never used the others so I can't comment on the quality.

scp - thanks! I will try these.
DAH

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm
post #18 of 18

If your trying to make what look like whoopie pies (ohio people call them that don't know if it is that everywhere) lol... but wilton or someone has a new pan for those.. just the tops of cupcakes but a bit larger.

I told a friend of mine about them because she makes the whoopies for her brother every year for his birthdaqy.. and she loves the pan.. so much less waste. And she finds them perfect for cupcake ice cream sandwiches for the kids.. puts them together and freezes them. All different flavors and kinds.. they are yummy... I think I saw the pan at walmart.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%