Accidents... What Did You Do??

Decorating By Cupcations Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 9:46pm by ljchevygirl

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 2

So I recently had an "accident".... & it made me thinking...
When somthing happens to your cakes/cupcakes last minute, what do you do?
I only bake cupcakes which is a bit easier to replace.

I would like to hear your "last minute" accidents & what you did to recover..

Here's mine (my first hopefully last)...
My friend was having a baby shower so I volunteered to do her cupcakes, she didnt ask for anything specific so I had the option to do whatever I want
I decided to make a cupcake bouquet (my very first).Thank goodness it turned out better than i expected...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2062689

But unfortunetly it fell after the photo shoot icon_cry.gif I was in shock & couldnt belive it... lol my hubby was waiting for me to cry... only 2 cuppies survived from the 21CC bouquet icon_sad.gif

Now to the backup plan: luckily I baked extra ( we also had a bake sale the next day) so I ended up icing those cupcakes icon_confused.gif (no bouquet)

Oh well, at least it wasn't a paid order ... Thats all I can say icon_confused.gif

1 reply
ljchevygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljchevygirl Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 2

My only "accident" so far, you see I said so far, lol, was on a cake I made for my son's work.He works at Arby's and made the cake and made a buttercream transfer with the Arby's logo. I went out the night before delivery and bought a box to deliver the cake in. I waited till the next morning to put the transfer on it. The cake sat in the box all night,AND IT FIT! I put the transfer on the next morning put it back in the box and started out the door for delivery. I put it in my van and decided to open the box and put something underneath the cake to make sure it did not slide...part of the transfer was on the top of the box. I was heart broken. I had taken pictures and there was no time or way to fix it fast, so I took my camera with me and delivered the cake. Needless to say, the manager understood and she said it was beautiful anyway and her words were, it's all going to be gone in a little while anyway. They loved the cake and I actually had 2 people ask me to do birthday cakes. I have learned to make sure to measure everything that goes with the cakes before buying the box to deliver them in. My husband said I have learned a hard lesson, but at least it was a free cake. I made it for practice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%