Want Cake Pop Machine Bigger?

Decorating By Pam57 Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 9:21pm by AnotherCaker

Pam57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam57 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 6

Nostalgia electrics has a donut hole maker that will give you a bigger
size cake pop. Bed Bath & Beyond sells them on line for $19.99.
The machine is the same size as the babycakes cake pop machine, but makes 7 instead of the 12 that the babycakes makes.

Thought it might be of interest, as I have read many complaints that
the babycakes makes small cake pops. HTH

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 6

Wow, I never even heard of baked cake pops until now. The cake pops I knew about were the ones made with cake crumbs and frosting, dipped in candy coating or chocolate.

Do most people bake them?

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 6

Texas, I think that is how starbucks makes theirs. It'd be a great idea to get the same look with out the smooshed cake and icing. icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 6

Hmmm...I've never even been in a Starbucks. I'm so clueless sometimes icon_biggrin.gif

I have an old mini donut maker under my kitchen sink...looks a lot like the donut hole maker. Maybe I'll throw some cake batter in there and see what happens.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 6

I was hoping they would be bigger in size, I don't like how small the babycakes pops are. I have a wedding coming up where they are giving them as guest favors, and I will proabably have to make them the old fashioned way to get a decent size. I wish they offered size options.

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 6

Am I the only one who thinks the Birthday Cake pops from Starbucks feels and tastes like a wad of raw cookie dough??? Please tell me that's not what a real cake pop is supposed to be like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%