Cricut Cake Machine-Reviews?

Decorating By Paperfishies Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 12:52am by icingimages

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:10am
post #1 of 5

I've been thinking about purchasing one of these...

Do you think they are worth the money or a waste of money?

4 replies
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 4:41am
post #2 of 5

I bought mine the night that they came out onthe market through HSN where I could make payments and still have it home here to try. But never tried it for months. I have used it successfully a couple times when I was in a pinch. But I am not using it as much as I thought and I need to practice
i guess the new icing sheets work well with it just need to work with it from what my friend tells me. she is going to come over during one of my slow months and bring her cartridges and see what we cand do and just have a good day. I think that is what you need to do practice with it.

At least at hsn I could have sent it back within 30 days had I tried it before that 30 day trial but I was too busy to work with it.

There are other cutting systems now I think ti will just depend what your needs are going to be for it.
Good luck let us know what you decide.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 1:07pm
post #3 of 5

I think they may be discontinuing the cricut cake. I have heard a few rumors about it. The cricut is nice but it uses cartridges which may limit you. If you are in to gadgets and like having versitility, then you may want to consider the silhouttte. Google Linda McClure. SHe has done a lot with it. WHat I like about it is you can print something and then the silhoutte actually knows where you printed it and can cut it. THis is all used with your computer of coarse, but it is a really cool feature

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:20am
post #4 of 5

The Cricut cake has been discountinued just about everwhere it was being sold. Hobby Lobby, Michaels and other big name stores no longer carry them. I have a cricut cake. but also have a Silhouette cake machine. I find that I only use the Silhouette for cutting my gum paste and icing sheets. I really like icing images icing sheets for the print and cut feature of the Silhouette. If you are thinking of getting an electronic cutter, the Silhouette is the way to go. You will get real customer service from the person who invented this technique.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:52am
post #5 of 5

Speaking of the silhoutte...the inventor just tested our next product and loves it.....ICES is going to be fun this year!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%