Buttercream Grease Containers

Business By cblupe Updated 9 Jun 2011 , 11:12pm by shanter

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 4

The city inspector says I can just wipe the risidual icing out of my mixer bowl but it has to be in a container and once collected can be disposed of in the trash. This would not be connected to a drain. Does this make sense? And does anyone know of such an item? I guess it has to be sorta official looking and not one of those grease cans that used to sit on top of my stove for bacon fat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been battling with both the plumber and the electrician all week and I am exhausted.

I leave next week to AL to deal with my house (packing and moving) and all of the tornado damage done down there.

Thanks Carol

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 4

I would probably just use a five gallon bucket with a lid.

SweetSouthernBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSouthernBakery Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 4

Put it in your empty crisco containers (or whatever kind of shortening that you use).

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 4

I live in Seattle and we are obligated to either (1) home compost or (2) put all food waste in a biodegradable container (no plastic) or just thrown in with yard waste in a big bin that the city picks up weekly. If you don't compost and your location does not offer this option, ignore me (and I think any plastic bucket with a lid could be used).

Quote by @%username% on %date%