New To Cake Decoration

Decorating By beginnerCakeDecoretor Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 9:24am by beginnerCakeDecoretor

beginnerCakeDecoretor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beginnerCakeDecoretor Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all!
This is my first post in this addictive forum coz I already got addicted cake decoration icon_smile.gif
in my country, using fondant in cake decorations is not so common except in wedding and engagement cakes, I saw online how amazing any occasion cake could look if we used fondant, so I tried to make one without reading anything about how to cover the cake with fondant and I had a disaster while trying to cover it, so I had faith that I should learn first before trying to make anything, so I read articles and saw some tutorials then I knew how to cover cakes, and I did my first cake! it came out something like a KG1 project! Honestly I didn't suffer too much in covering the cake like the previous disastrous time, but I suffered in other things! icon_smile.gif I didn't know how to make bendings on the cake sides (something like curtain I don't know what you call it, picture attached). so my question is, how to make this curtain thing, and how to write with royal icing without having trembling hand writing. Sorry for long post, and sorry for being so beginner icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginnerCakeDecoretor

...and how to write with royal icing without having trembling hand writing.

If your hand doesn't usually tremble and you aren't nervous, your icing is probably too stiff. Thin it down and try again.

HTH.

beginnerCakeDecoretor Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 5

thank you for your immediate reply! may be you are right about the writing issue, I think also that it is a matter of practice, you seems to be so comfortable while writing in your tutorial icon_smile.gif thank you again icon_smile.gif

Q: why I cant see my attachments?

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginnerCakeDecoretor

Q: why I cant see my attachments?

The attachment feature hasn't worked for about a year. You can upload to the photo gallery or link to another site like Photobucket, etc.

beginnerCakeDecoretor Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 9:24am
post #5 of 5

thanks for your reply again icon_smile.gif
my KG1 project is here
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2062234
you will understand what I mean by curtain! icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%