I'm Pulling My Hair Out!

Decorating By KodiSnip Updated 11 Jun 2011 , 6:33pm by KodiSnip

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 11

My friend called me and wants a birthday cake for his 40th birthday party. His birthday is Dec. 23, but he always celebrates a "half birthday" in June and throws a big party. I want to make a cake that's masculine but fun at the same time

I have NO IDEA what to make.... There is basically no theme...

He's turning 40.
He's very fun.
Feeds about 50.

See what I mean? I got Nothin'

10 replies
stewy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stewy Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:51am
post #2 of 11

does he drink? if so, the mug with a beer can pouring into it was a hit with my dad and his friends!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=743837452061&set=a.681748803211.2231679.44001029&type=1&theater

scoutmamma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoutmamma Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:52am
post #3 of 11

you could always do a tiered cake with him on the up side of the hill, and a sign at the top that says "Now Approaching Old Age" and he isnt quite up to the top of the hill. I think it sounds fun... IMHO. Good luck to you... let us knwo how you make out!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:58am
post #4 of 11

I think I would ask for some more information, does he have hobbies, or sports, movies, books there has to be something.

KodiSnip Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:11am
post #5 of 11

I have known him for about 15 years and I have a mish-mosh of all the things I know...

he is a policeman
he likes sushi
he likes to dance
he likes to travel
he loves dogs

I have even been looking at different birthday cards to jumpstart the creative juices. I was thinking if I don't come up with anything soon I could do colored stripes on tiers...

would you say masculine colors are: brown black blue green yellow

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:53am
post #6 of 11

I was thinking, if you want to do a policeman themed cake, you could do a 2 tiered cake. The bottom tier black, and the top white. I would do black and white tiles, squares of black and white fondant around the bottom of the tier. You could put handcuffs dangling off the tier. A badge, crime scene tape, donuts, I saw one similar by toosweetcakes.

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 11

Sushi cakes are fun!! You could always do a sushi dish and have the pieces of sushi arranged to look like a "40"!!

Or since he likes to dance you could do like a disco or breakdancing or some sort of dance theme cake!

Number cakes are always cool too...instead of making a round or square cake you can make 2 cakes...one as a 4 the other a 0 and then put figures or decorate them to be things he is into...hope that helps...either way I'm sure it will be cool. I think I should start celebrating a half birthday too...sounds fun!!

KodiSnip Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 11

Ding! Ding! Ding! The ideas are wonderful! I have a clear pic of what I am going to do icon_smile.gif thank you so much for the ideas from everyone... You have saved me!

I will post the pics once I am done -- I am eternally grateful

Blue0877 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Blue0877 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 1:32pm
post #9 of 11

Can't wait to see!!

YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 11

Can't wait either-when I read this my ideas went plum fruity to a dancing dog dressed aas a cop on top of a sushi filled suitcase-LOL

KodiSnip Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 6:33pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBrickRd

Can't wait either-when I read this my ideas went plum fruity to a dancing dog dressed aas a cop on top of a sushi filled suitcase-LOL

Bwaaaahaaaaahaha! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%