Need Help On These 2 Cake Ideas!!!! Totally Clueless

Decorating By Christina1207 Updated 9 Jun 2011 , 4:27pm by princess_09

Christina1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina1207 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 5

The first cake is for a baby shower cake, the girl wants it topsy turvy but only wants it two tiers. I am wondering if it would look good with just the two tiers. Also how would I go about decorating the tiers if it's a care bear theme baby shower. I have a few ideas just not 100% sure about them.

The 2nd cake would be for father's day. 1 tier cake but I am thinking of making a small teddy bear cake sitting on top. I have the molded cake pan from wilton. But is it possible to have the bear wearing maybe a shirt since my husband works in doc. I would the like to be wearing the same type of shirt which is button down with a collar and maybe holding a honey pot. So how would I make the shirt for the bear. How would I make the honey pot maybe out of rice crispy treats?

I know alot of question but I figured it would be quick with just one post. Please Please I need your help and advice.

4 replies
princess_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_09 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

I think two tiers would look fine. Maybe have a rainbow connecting the two tiers with a big fluffy cloud at the bottom or maybe even a big fluffy cloud on the top tier with a sleeping baby care bear snuggled in the cloud. Hope that helps some, with care bears the main things that come to mind is the rainbow they slid down, the big clouds, and the vibrant colors. For the Father's Day cake you could make the shirt out of fondant, and I think the rice crispy treat honey pot would work perfectly!

cookiemom51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemom51 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 5

I have also seen where the bottom tier of a topsy turvy is propped up on one side and something "peeks"out from underneath--maybe a care bear figure or cloud? This makes both layers wonky on even a small cake and is a nice effect.

Christina1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina1207 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:28am
post #4 of 5

How would I go about making the shirt for the bear, and should i use somesort of cardboard backing for the rainbow it give it support?????

princess_09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_09 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 5

For the slide you could cut it out of cardstock and use lollipop sticks to support it and then pipe the colors onto the cardstock, like this cake was done http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/care-bear-cake.html#c10 or you could make it out of fondant thick enough to hold up on it's own in the middle, because with it only being a two tier cake it won't have that big of a space needing support. As far as the shirt for the bear I would cut the pieces out like you would fabric if you were making a shirt. You could cut out a piece for the back of the bear and one for the front, and have the two meet along the sides of the bear like a seam on a shirt. I would do the sleeves separately and just mold fondant around the bears arms. If you want a collar on the shirt, then I would make that separate as well and then attach it after you have finished attaching the other parts of the shirt. You could make fondant buttons or pipe some on. Sorry I know that seems like a lot of work for the shirt, but I think it would be the easiest way to go about it without messing up the cake. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%