Does Cake Man Raven's Rv Rise?

Baking By cherrycakes Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 4:16pm by cherrycakes

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm
post #1 of 5

I just made Cake Man Raven's Red Velvet cake for the first time and am just wondering if it should rise as mine didn't. I filled the pan half way and it only baked a one inch layer. As well, I left it in the pan for about 20 minutes to cool and it completely disintegrated when I took it out! Is it really that finicky? On the upside, it tastes great!

4 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 5

I have made this cake lots of times. It does beautifully and tastes great. Don,t know what happened . sorry , it did.

cherrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 5

Well, the second pan completely fell apart as well. I left it in the pan to cool for 5 minutes. I used my cake release (flour/oil/shortening) which I do with all of my cakes and never have a problem. Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 5

The first time I did this recipe, the same thing happened to me, but it was great for cupcakes.

What I did was, instead of using "cake flour", I just used regular flour and it has made a difference for me. I also cut back on the oil as well, so, instead of 1 1/2 cup, I use 1 1/3 cup instead.

cherrycakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

The first time I did this recipe, the same thing happened to me, but it was great for cupcakes.

What I did was, instead of using "cake flour", I just used regular flour and it has made a difference for me. I also cut back on the oil as well, so, instead of 1 1/2 cup, I use 1 1/3 cup instead.

Thanks! I'll try that! I also cut back on the oil to 1 cup but added 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce as I read that it can be a bit oily. Would this make a difference?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%