An Open Notice To All Cc Members

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 12:41am by cakestyles

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:26am
post #31 of 53

Looks like the Lounge to me but you can call it the "Off Topic Forum" if you like.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:27am
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Nah, cakeninja had just posted about how awesome they were and how it's this site's loss that their awesome contributions are no longer available, and that they would probably be banned again just for posting (even though this was their 41st post). Then cakeninja deleted the post to make it seem like they had been banned. Fits in with the "mildly amusing" m.o.

Sure she/he did...yup!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:29am
post #33 of 53

Has Jason given up? Or gone to the store to buy something manly to conteract all the pamprin talk?

tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:31am
post #34 of 53

He's probably just thinking of something witty to say.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:32am
post #35 of 53

Vg ybbxf gb shaal gb ernq. Cyhf vg'f abg va EBG13, V bayl ernq EBG13 grkg abj.

icon_lol.gif

cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:32am
post #36 of 53

nah him and wkydgud are busy jabbing at each other on that "refund deposit" thread.

Has anyone else noticed how those 2 seem to be at each others throats lately?

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:33am
post #37 of 53

Uh oh, he's speaking in tongues!

tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:35am
post #38 of 53

That or the keyboard has gone wild.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:38am
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakestyles

nah him and wkydgud are busy jabbing at each other on that "refund deposit" thread.

Has anyone else noticed how those 2 seem to be at each others throats lately?

That thread is so confusing I gave up.

cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:41am
post #40 of 53

It really is confusing....and uncomfortable all at the same time. lol

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:48am
post #41 of 53
Quote:

It really is confusing....and uncomfortable all at the same time. lol

Makes you want to go take some pamprin icon_wink.gif

Okay, I really need to go to bed, I'm getting punchy. Nighty night!

cakeninja82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeninja82 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:48am
post #42 of 53

Not banned yet, and no I didn't delete my post the mods must have, and yes that was why I originally banned.
in case you haven't figured it out Sherlock my original name was not cakeninja, so if you "remember " why I was banned then you are obviously remembering somebody else.

edited for spelling

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:06pm
post #43 of 53

Folks, I would like to clear something up. Yes, I did receive a hateful email regarding a CC member. Upon looking at my web stats, I saw there was a lot of traffic from the Free Speech Cakers forum. I've spoken at length with the gal who owns that forum and we compared notes, IP address, and the like and we've come up with the following: I drew a wrong conclusion thinking this person came from that forum based on IP addresses and traffic times to my site. The traffic coming from that site is a result of someone doing research where my site came up and a link was posted to my site. There is nobody registered at that forum that fits the bill of time and traffic to my site. That IP address has since been banned from the free speech cakers site as well.

So I would like to publicly apologize to all the members of the Free Speech Cakers forum for my drawing a wrong conclusion. I would further like to thank the members of that forum, particularly the owner, for working with me on helping get this hateful person banned from my site. I also would like to apologize to the Mods and members of the CC community for this whole thing blowing way out of proportion. That was never my intent. I simply wanted it known that I will not tolerate hateful messages either here on CC, my home or website. Having said all that I will no longer be watching this topic and I do hope that I didn't hurt anybody's feelings. Take care y'all!! icon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:11pm
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Folks, I would like to clear something up. Yes, I did receive a hateful email regarding a CC member. Upon looking at my web stats, I saw there was a lot of traffic from the Free Speech Cakers forum. I've spoken at length with the gal who owns that forum and we compared notes, IP address, and the like and we've come up with the following: I drew a wrong conclusion thinking this person came from that forum based on IP addresses and traffic times to my site. The traffic coming from that site is a result of someone doing research where my site came up and a link was posted to my site. There is nobody registered at that forum that fits the bill of time and traffic to my site. That IP address has since been banned from the free speech cakers site as well.

So I would like to publicly apologize to all the members of the Free Speech Cakers forum for my drawing a wrong conclusion. I would further like to thank the members of that forum, particularly the owner, for working with me on helping get this hateful person banned from my site. I also would like to apologize to the Mods and members of the CC community for this whole thing blowing way out of proportion. That was never my intent. I simply wanted it known that I will not tolerate hateful messages either here on CC, my home or website. Having said all that I will no longer be watching this topic and I do hope that I didn't hurt anybody's feelings. Take care y'all!! icon_biggrin.gif

There's always just a lot of conspiracy theories flying around about everything, and I wasn't too pleased that my facebook page was brought into this JASON!!! But now that he's had his medicine he's probably calmer, right? icon_lol.gif You made sure it was the blue box, not the pink one, right, Jason?

tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:50pm
post #45 of 53

People make mistakes and jump to conclusions but it's always the bigger person that can get to bottom of it and appologize. Too bad more people don't bother to do that. Kudos Bobwonderbuns!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:08pm
post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

There's always just a lot of conspiracy theories flying around about everything, and I wasn't too pleased that my facebook page was brought into this JASON!!!

Sorry about that, the discussion on your FB page was what came up when I did a google search for free speech cakers -- I hadn't heard about the group and was interested in learning more. Someone did bring up the group in the linked discussion, and it did seem related to your OP in the discussion, but it may have just been a tangent.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 4:08pm
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

People make mistakes and jump to conclusions but it's always the bigger person that can get to bottom of it and appologize. Too bad more people don't bother to do that. Kudos Bobwonderbuns!

I agree. Kudos to Bobwonderbuns.

Now how do you get an invitation to the other site?

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:30pm
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

It's not really a cake forum...I'd say the discussions are about 10% cake and 90% the other details of our lives. It's more like a private email group, except that we're using a forum format to communicate because that's what we're used to. We don't advertise the website or mention it to other cakers, because we don't accept new members. I'm sorry it was mentioned here...it's not my intention to ever make anyone feel left out, but we decided more than a year ago to limit membership to our original members.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 5:57pm
post #49 of 53

Yes, we seriously do discuss our cramps. I'm not joking.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 9:10pm
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

It's not really a cake forum...I'd say the discussions are about 10% cake and 90% the other details of our lives. It's more like a private email group, except that we're using a forum format to communicate because that's what we're used to. We don't advertise the website or mention it to other cakers, because we don't accept new members. I'm sorry it was mentioned here...it's not my intention to ever make anyone feel left out, but we decided more than a year ago to limit membership to our original members.

No problemo. Thanks.

cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 11:52pm
post #51 of 53
Quote:

Well said!

Now can someone please tell me where this little person came from that's under my screen name? lol

costumeczar Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:07am
post #52 of 53
Quote:

Quote:

Well said!

Now can someone please tell me where this little person came from that's under my screen name? lol

That must be the new non-avatar. People have been saying that you can't upload avatars anymore, so that's the new default one.

cakestyles Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 12:41am
post #53 of 53

Thanks! I only wish it had hair. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%