An Open Notice To All Cc Members

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 12:41am by cakestyles

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 53

PLEASE DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT write me trashing other members of the CC community. It's disrespectful, rude and a complete waste of my time. If you have an issue with somebody in particular, take it up with THEM, NOT ME. Thank you.

52 replies
sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:57am
post #2 of 53

Say what?

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:46am
post #3 of 53

Why in the world would someone do that?

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:18am
post #4 of 53

Since we have no idea what you are talking about, wouldn't this have been better in a pm? This is how we resolve misunderstandings among members.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:39am
post #5 of 53

I'll add that it's even more rude and disrespectful to trash other CC members in public forums. (This is not aimed at the OP or anyone in this thread, just a general comment.) Unfortunately not much seems to be done about it other than locking the threads in question.

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Since we have no idea what you are talking about, wouldn't this have been better in a pm? This is how we resolve misunderstandings among members.

I will not discuss details, but suffice it to say it has happened on more than one occasion over the years and the most recent episode circumvented the "settle this in a PM" solution.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 12:35pm
post #7 of 53

Sorry, I've had issues in pm's and I finally had to block one. If that wouldn't end it I guess you took the next step. Can site administrators review your pm's for some relief?

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 53

It makes me glad I have never received a PM like this.

But seeing how I can be brutally honest and straight forward in life and on here, I am sure I have probably been the subject of many a PM rant. You either like that kind of person or you don't. It is what it is though. Sorry you have had to endure these kind of messages.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 1:38pm
post #9 of 53

Oh boyicon_surprised.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 53

This was not an attack based on any issue. It was a blatant attack on another CC member and subsequently an attack on me for being friends with this member. It was done in such a way as to circumvent the CC protocols which are designed to prevent this nonsense as well. Hence my "open letter" to all -- if you have an issue with someone, take it up with THEM! I choose my own friends and nobody has a say in that. Deal with it.

suepers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suepers Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 6:54pm
post #11 of 53

Wow. Ridiculous that someone would take issue with you being friends with someone. I agree, if they have a problem with someone, they need to take it up with them and leave you out of it!

bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 12:05am
post #12 of 53

We found out where they came from -- a group calling themselves "free speech bakers." Apparently they hate most CCers yet love to lurk around this site (figure that one out!) icon_confused.gif I never heard of them before and still don't know why they care who my friends are or not. So folks, watch out!!

Excuse me, it's "free speech cakers". Whatever.

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 12:31am
post #13 of 53

Looks like some CC members were banned from the forums so they created a new forum called "Free Speech Cakers", which ironically is closed to the public and requires admin approval before you can register.

http://freespeechcakers.eamped.com

And a related discussion on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/acaketoremember/posts/358725490914

bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 12:33am
post #14 of 53

I've heard about them and unfortunately it was nothing good. However, in all fairness, a CC member who claims to run a board with that name says I have it all wrong. I'm hoping to work with her on this to get this entire fiasco resolved.

Honestly people, IT'S JUST SUGAR for goodness sake!!!!! icon_confused.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:20am
post #15 of 53

Well, considering that the facebook link goes to my facebook page, I find it interesting to say that I hate CC since I've also been here for...well, I can't see how long but it's been quite a while. I don't know what the OP's message was, but my facebook page doesn't have anything to do with it.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:42am
post #16 of 53

This is starting to sound an awful lot like junior high.

WOW

My advice is to ignore the e-mail and move on...I wouldn't let a complete stranger get to me. It's not worth it.

Unless of course they accused your friend of murder or something horrific like that...than I may have to google this friend's name and see what I find out about him/her. lolol

Seriously though, it's silly.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:44am
post #17 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Looks like some CC members were banned from the forums so they created a new forum called "Free Speech Cakers", which ironically is closed to the public and requires admin approval before you can register.

Actually, we did create that site when there were some members banned quite a while ago, but we require admin approval because the conversation there has evolved into lots of personal information on there that isn't really stuff that we want anyone to be reading. If you'd like to hear about my cramps I'd be glad to tell you, though, Jason icon_rolleyes.gif

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:49am
post #18 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

Actually, we did create that site when there were some members banned quite a while ago, but we require admin approval because the conversation there has evolved into lots of personal information on there that isn't really stuff that we want anyone to be reading. If you'd like to hear about my cramps I'd be glad to tell you, though, Jason icon_rolleyes.gif

Intriguing stuff, might I suggest registering www.freespeechcrampers.com? It's still available. icon_wink.gif

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:50am
post #19 of 53
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:

Intriguing stuff, might I suggest registering www.freespeechcrampers.com? It's still available. icon_wink.gif

Believe me, you wouldn't want to read that forum!

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:51am
post #20 of 53

Oh, Jason, by the way...Pamprin in the blue box. Not the pink box, the blue one icon_wink.gif

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 2:58am
post #21 of 53

All I need to know is which days of the month to avoid arguing about one of your posts. icon_razz.gif

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:04am
post #22 of 53

cakeninja, I remember your posts, and I'm pretty sure asking to remove your pictures is not why you were banned. I found your posts mildly amusing, but others probably reported you to the mods pretty often since your posts were usually off-topic.

You've been around for 3 months and you seem to be behaving yourself, that's probably why you haven't been banned.

EDIT: It would seem cakeninja deleted the last post.

cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:12am
post #23 of 53

Jason are you answering people who aren't even here? lolol

This place is getting weird tonight. Is it a full moon or something? lol

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:16am
post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakestyles

Jason are you answering people who aren't even here? lolol

This place is getting weird tonight. Is it a full moon or something? lol

It's all the pamprin he's been taking on my recommendation icon_lol.gif That stuff can mess a guy up!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:17am
post #25 of 53

Talk about getting off topic....LOL

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:19am
post #26 of 53

Nah, cakeninja had just posted about how awesome they were and how it's this site's loss that their awesome contributions are no longer available, and that they would probably be banned again just for posting (even though this was their 41st post). Then cakeninja deleted the post to make it seem like they had been banned. Fits in with the "mildly amusing" m.o.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:20am
post #27 of 53

Guess it can cause you to see things.

jason_kraft Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:21am
post #28 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Well this is the off-topic forum, is it not? icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:23am
post #29 of 53
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Well this is the off-topic forum, is it not? icon_lol.gif

Jason, nac yuo raed tihs ro deos it lkoo fnuny?

cakestyles Posted 9 Jun 2011 , 3:26am
post #30 of 53

LMBO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%