Why Do I Keep Getting Low Budget Brides?

Business By indydebi Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 11:58pm by amygortoncakes

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 6

I'm posting this article link because the topic comes up frequently in threads here on CC. While the article is talking mainly about wedding planners, many of the points are transferrable to the cake industry, and many of the points in the article have been mentioned here on CC.

Just sharing some food for thought and discussion. thumbs_up.gif

http://www.sageweddingpros.com/2011/06/07/why-do-i-keep-getting-low-budget-brides-part-1/

5 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 6

I like the article, they make some very valid points which make complete sense to me, but sometimes you just need them spelling out in front of you to see them.

Problem is now I have to wait til tomorrow to read more icon_biggrin.gif

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 6

Very good. Thanks so much!

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 8:57pm
post #4 of 6

Very good. Thanks so much!
This is especially true for your web presence. If your website is a cookie cutter site or just completely disorganized, people will use that to judge what they're going to get from you.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 2:23am
post #5 of 6

lol, I clicked on this because I read that same article this morning! I thought, "Hey! I've got a great answer and link for this person!" And lo and behold, it was Debi.

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 6

Even though I am not in business I often come to this series of threads because I find it interesting.

I think one of the main things that hit home for me was the branding. Having a profesional logo and website speak a lot to the kind of business you bring in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%