How Long Is Chocolate Ganache Good For Stored In The Fridge?

Baking By Cakesinthe805 Updated 27 Mar 2014 , 11:01am by Brooks321

Cakesinthe805 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesinthe805 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 9

I made some chocolate ganache and I stored the left over in the fridge. How long does it last in the fridge? It has been about 2 weeks and I want to use it again. Any tips will be appreciated. Thank you.

8 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:01am
post #2 of 9

Basically forever. Well, maybe not forever, but a lot longer than two weeks (it IS covered, right? - it might pick up smells from other food, otherwise). I'd say at least a couple of months.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 4:56am
post #3 of 9

A couple months in the fridge or the freezer?

Cakesinthe805 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:29am
post #4 of 9

Yea i have it stored in an airtight container. When I first did it I had to heat the whipping cream to melt the chocolate do I need to heat it again? Or just re-whip it?

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 5:44am
post #5 of 9

A couple of months in the fridge. Of course, when you put it in the fridge, it gets pretty hard, so you either have to let it come to room temperature (that's what I prefer to do) or heat it a little in the microwave. But if you heat it, you run the risk of overheating it, and then you have to wait till it cools off and sets up again. I don't whip mine, so I don't know if you need to do it again once it's at room temp. It would probably last six months or more in the freezer.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

A couple of months in the fridge. Of course, when you put it in the fridge, it gets pretty hard, so you either have to let it come to room temperature (that's what I prefer to do) or heat it a little in the microwave. But if you heat it, you run the risk of overheating it, and then you have to wait till it cools off and sets up again. I don't whip mine, so I don't know if you need to do it again once it's at room temp. It would probably last six months or more in the freezer.

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Cakesinthe805 Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you. I'm going to use it tomorrow.

elaine16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elaine16 Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 10:50am
post #8 of 9

i store mine in airtight freezer bags. When I want to heat it up, you could just put the bag in a bowl of warm water-

Brooks321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooks321 Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 11:01am
post #9 of 9

I have had some for 2 months

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%