Cake Ring Or Pastry Ring.

Baking By josefina20 Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 9:04pm by josefina20

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 8

well, i got a set of these rings, i was so happy, i saw on tv how easy it was for filling and cutting perfect cakes. icon_cry.gif nooooooo, i ended up with a cake mess, i could not ice the cake without the crumb foiling off., and now i can not even return them icon_cry.gif

Please Any idea, how can i use this evil ring icon_evil.gif

7 replies
CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 8

Exactly which one did you buy? I use cake rings (I'm assuming this is the same as bundt pans until you tell me which ones you bought) all the time, but I don't ice them. Usually I just make a glaze and just drizzle them or infuse them with alcohol, etc. or just leave them plain, depending on the type of cake it is.

josefina20 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 10:49pm
post #3 of 8

uhhhhhhhhh i got the one that look like a big ring, not bottom on it. i saw them in cake boss the tv program, how they cut a square cake with this ring and stacked them, and iced them really nice. icon_redface.gif

WykdGud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WykdGud Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 8

The cake needs to be firm - out of the fridge or freezer if you are going to cut it with the rings.

josefina20 Posted 7 Jun 2011 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 8

thanks WykdGud i never thought of it. so do i have to ice the cake frozen ?

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 8

These are used mostly for fillings that need to set up in the fridge. Like a soft Bavarian that would slide around while you frosted the cake. You pop your cake round into the bottom and layer the cake and filling in the ring. Chill overnight and then pop out in the morning. If it is too cold, heat up the sides with a hot towel and pop out, then crumb coat and finish. They are great when you have a LOT of cakes to put together, assembly line style.

When I worked in a commercial pastry shop commissary we used these a LOT. Storing them is a pain though, they take up a lot of space, but they speed up the cake assembly.

Tami icon_smile.gif

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 8

Would these be good to use for making a large number of mini cheese cakes?

josefina20 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 9:04pm
post #8 of 8

TAmi(baker rose) so i do not have to cut the cake with this. because what i did, was a baked a square cake, then i cut it round with the ring. jjajajja, i got all this cake in the freezer for cake balls. the cake crumble it was a nightmare to iced.

\\

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%