Bettercreme, Pastry Pride... Etc Where?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 6 Jun 2011 , 12:44am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all!

I normally get Bettercreme from Sam's Club in the big bucket. But lately I have not used it enough to warrant buying such a large amount.... that and im EXTREMELY limited on freezer storage.

Is there anywhere online that I can order some in small amounts... or even the kind that I can keep on the shelf and whip up when needed?

Or even another substitute?

Thanks!

8 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 9

I buy it at GFS marketplace but don't think they go as far as NC. Also, found it at Restaurant Depot.

CiNoRi Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occther

I buy it at GFS marketplace but don't think they go as far as NC. Also, found it at Restaurant Depot.

Im 3 hours from the closest Restaurant depot.... and i think I have to go there for membership.

Ca you give me an idea on how much you buy, and the cost? Also if you know shipping that would be awesome. I just want to make sure its worth the trip if i must!

thanks

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 9

It has been a while since I have shopped at a Restaurant Depot - since I have plenty of GFS Marketplaces in Dayton. The closest Restaurant Depot for me is over an hour. Not sure about their price - you might be able to call them. Membership is fairly easy to get - I think you need a vendor's license or food license and a business checking account. When I had my coffee shop and did catering, I bought a lot more from them. Great source for cake boxes and cardboard rounds!! Of course, you have to buy in bulk - but they have lasted me forever!!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 9

I get mine at "Cash & Carry" it's a restaurant supply store.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 9

I get mine in a quart size (I think) milk carton at Smart n Final for about $3-$5 each, depending on sales.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 9

momto2grlz, does "S&F" sell pastry pride also?

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:07pm
post #8 of 9

Yes, sorry. I should have said that. The one by me carries Pastry Pride and Frosting Pride in vanilla, and Bettercreame in chocolate.

CiNoRi Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 12:44am
post #9 of 9

Hey all check this:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7134974.html#7134974

I think I stumbled onto something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%