New Wilton Silicone Molds???...

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 15 Jul 2013 , 12:01am by howsweet

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 9:32pm
post #31 of 41

Well, I tried putting it into the freezer for a few minutes and when I tried to take them out, they were totally stuck inside the molds. It was a mess. I don't know what happened.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 2 Jun 2012 , 10:13pm
post #32 of 41

That's odd. I've never had a problem. I usually leave it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes, then pop it out of the mold. Sometimes I forget they're in the freezer, so they end up being in there longer (sometimes over night!!), but I've never had a problem with them being stuck in the mold.

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 7:11am
post #33 of 41

Might be something wrong with that particular moold?? I have 5 of the Wilton molds and will be buying the rest as soon as they have them at the store, I use a larger brush to brush the molds with powder sugar and I have never had any problems. The molds are very easy to use!

I hope Wilton keeps making new ones, even though I do not make that many cakes! I just love having them. icon_redface.gif

CIAO! icon_lol.gif

hesacat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hesacat Posted 3 Jun 2012 , 7:24am
post #34 of 41

I just bought the new Sea Life mold and the wave is very difficult to get out...has anyone had the same issue...if not can you tell me what im doing wrong....i used all gumpaste and 50/50 powdered sugar/cornstarch to dust the mold..dusted normally the first time and then kept using more and more and more dust..and still the curl part wouldnt come out without being mis-shaped

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 9 Jun 2012 , 11:47pm
post #35 of 41

Well, I made a new batch of fondant and used it in the baroque mold and popped them in the freezer and when I took them out, they just popped right out of the molds.

Thanks so much for this suggestion. The freezer trick worked great. icon_smile.gif

TSG177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TSG177 Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 6:32pm
post #36 of 41

I have 2 of the wilton molds.  Can you tell me if you over filled them or under fill them.  Because I over filled them and when I tried to use the tool to get the extra fondant off it kept pulling out of the mold.  I was using the cherry blossom and branches mold.  Thanks!

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 11:54pm
post #37 of 41

Whatever fondant is extra in the mold I scrape it off very gently as to not disturb the rest, if it pulls off I push it back in and finish scraping, then I pass my fingers on the mold as to have a smooth finish in the back and pull off the  piece.Hope it helps.

Ciao!

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 9:09pm
post #38 of 41

I like the molds, but just okay. They're much stiffer than the high quality silicone molds that I love. This isn't a problem for the smaller figures, but it is if you're trying to de-mold a longer strip, and especially those with more detail, such as the wave mold. Because the molds are so stiff, it's difficult not to distort the end of the strip when removing. But, the pricing is very attractive, and I really like the selection of figures they've provided. All in all, I think they're very good value.... just not as easy to use as the more expensive silicone molds.

Kimmy25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmy25 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 9:40pm
post #39 of 41

APretty. When u use chocolate in the molds do u dust with corn starch or icing sugar before filling?

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 11:58pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycknits 

They're much stiffer than the high quality silicone molds that I love. This isn't a problem for the smaller figures, but it is if you're trying to de-mold a longer strip, and especially those with more detail, such as the wave mold. Because the molds are so stiff, it's difficult not to distort the end of the strip when removing. But, the pricing is very attractive, and I really like the selection of figures they've provided. All in all, I think they're very good value.... just not as easy to use as the more expensive silicone molds.

I mostly agree with this. Wilton products in general are not as good as what you might get elsewhere. And for impression mats, you can't beat the ones from sunflower sugar arts -- so realistic.

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 12:01am
post #41 of 41

Sorry, for impression mats, what should have said was impression molds for flowers and leaves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%