Help!!! Please I'm Freaking Out. Grass Tips?

Decorating By dolphincake Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 8:52pm by tbkimber

dolphincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphincake Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 11

Which tips could you use to make grass? I really thought I had them and now that I look at them I'm pretty sure those are not it!!! I can't get them, I'm working on the cake right now!! icon_sad.gif I thought tip 2010 could work but that's just the triple stars tips icon_sad.gif
Any other way I could make the grass please???

10 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 11

Wilton's is #233 if you have it...

dolphincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolphincake Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 11

Yeah but I don't have it icon_sad.gif I really thought I did! Any other tip that could "make up" for it?

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 11

Might take forever, but what about tip #1 or #2?? Pipe each little blade of grass individually! doing the tiny stars might be faster though...

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:47pm
post #5 of 11

If it's not a large area to cover I would use the #1 or 2, but if it's a large area it will take hours and your wrist will KILL you, so you might need to change the cake up a bit if possible to eliminate so much grass icon_sad.gif

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 11

Instead of BC, does your design allow you to push green fondant or gumpaste through a garlic crusher, and you glue it on? It will still take a while though if you have a big area to do...

khoff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoff Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 11

I don't know if this is somehow against the "rules" of cake decorating -- but how about shredded coconut tinted green?

afunk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
afunk Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 8:18pm
post #8 of 11

You could use a leaf tip too.
Good luck!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 8:19pm
post #9 of 11

You can use an 18 or a 16 star tip for grass. It'll be thicker though. Just pull straight upish to get a grass effect. It won't have the same look as a the grass tip of course, but will do in a pinch.

You can see how an 18 star works for grass on this wilton how to video.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-serrated-grass-icing-decorations-for-cake-decorating-390938/

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 8:30pm
post #10 of 11

why dont you try a garlic press or something like that, i have done that before and it did save me some time

tbkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbkimber Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 8:52pm
post #11 of 11

If you have a fine mesh strainer, you can push gum paste/fondant through it. It will work like the garlic press, but you can do a lot more at a time. It will still be time consuming though. If you roll the gum paste into a ball, then push it through the strainer you will get bushes that can help take up some more space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%