Cake Crazy...more Work Than I Thought...

Lounge By SweetDreams98 Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 12:32am by SweetDreams98

SweetDreams98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams98 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

Just needed a second to vent and to walk away from this cake that's driving me NUTS! I am making a carousel cake for a 2nd bday and it has turned out being more involved than I thought! Last night made my carousel ponies, used pastel petal dust (50/50 fondant/gumpaste mix for the ponies) and gold powder for the ponies...I'm doing a fondant covered Styrofoam 10" circle...stacking 4 8"rounds of yellow cake with fudge filling and then topping it off with another 10" Styrofoam round with RCT to make the tent look. Sealed the RCT with royal icing and now I get to ice, fill and fondant everything. I'm a little nervous about attaching the horses so that they stay but I have a plan. For whatever reason I really thought this would be a piece of cake (no pun intended) just because I have been around horses my whole life and had a good game plan. Just a little more involved than I thought so like I said, I just needed a second to vent and WALK AWAY FROM THE CAKE! After I'm finished with this tonight, it's time to start on my Beatles cake. Ahhhhhhh!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 4

It sounds like it's going to be amazing though. I'd love to see a picture when it's done!

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

It sounds like it's going to be amazing though. I'd love to see a picture when it's done!

ditto icon_smile.gif

SweetDreams98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDreams98 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 12:32am
post #4 of 4

I will at LEAST have some pics from my point in shoot...HOPEFULLY I'll have time to bust out my boyfriends super official camera equipment though icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%