Help With Transportation And Pricing

Baking By katie725 Updated 30 Jun 2011 , 3:34pm by katie725

katie725 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie725 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 3:18am
post #1 of 6

hi all,
ive been asked to make 40 dozen cupcakes for a jack and jill party later this month. i have never made and decorated this many cupcakes (and never thought i would) so i am wondering if you have tips or advice for transportation. i have seen cardboard carriers but only on UK sites. Also, i have seen pricing anywhere from $15 to $27 a dozen depending on fillings/toppings/decorations. Not too sure yet, but they will probably be yellow or chocolate with buttercream and probably a fondant design (they are cowboy/cowgirl theme) Any thoughts/tips/advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
DinasSugarShack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DinasSugarShack Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 6

I bought the cardboard carriers one time, but my cupcakes tend to be a little larger so the icing was touching. So I found carriers that were more spaced out (called jumbo) and I think that would work well. You just have to see how big your cupcakes are.
For pricing, if you will a fondant topper then I would charge a min of $2.5 ac cupcake, may be $3. That will also depend on your demographic.
I hope that helped
Dina

katie725 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 6

yes, thank you!!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

Katie....get the red drinking cups (plastic) cut down to about an inch or a little less, hot glue onto a 1/2 sheet board or full board. ( full boards can hold about 35-40 cuppies) and transport in cake boxes that fit the boards. They can be reused or if you want to just leave them at the venue you are not out a lot on $$$,

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

Katie....get the red drinking cups (plastic) cut down to about an inch or a little less, hot glue onto a 1/2 sheet board or full board. ( full boards can hold about 35-40 cuppies) and transport in cake boxes that fit the boards. They can be reused or if you want to just leave them at the venue you are not out a lot on $$$,

what a great idea never thought of that, thanks for sharing

katie725 Posted 30 Jun 2011 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 6

thanks so much terrylee! what a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%