"flour Frosting" Attaching Flowers Help

Decorating By SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 1:18am by KakeMistress

SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOnYouCakesnCupcakes Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:02am
post #1 of 2

I absolutely love the frosting that I call "flour frosting'. It's the cooked flour/milk recipe. I have a couple who picked this for their wedding cake. the problem I'm seeing in my test cakes is that it gets very soft. It really only firms up in the fridge then gets soft pretty fast when taken out. I'm making small fondant flowers (basic blossom cutter). Thinking of attaching them with a nice crusting buttercream (piped small dot on back of flower). I'm going to practice this first but I'm hoping somebody here has advise on how to make this work. I fear my flowers will all slide down the cake as the icing softens. help please. Thanks!

1 reply
KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 1:18am
post #2 of 2

im assuming that you are talking about the mock bettercream recipe thats floating around... I have used bettercream to decorate a cake and used buttercream drop flowers and lets just say they werent very perky and had to store the cake in the fridge to keep my flowers from sliding off...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%