4 1/2 Quart Kitchen Aid And Wasc

Baking By MollyHammond Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 9:31pm by MollyHammond

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 10

Will my 4 1/2 quart Kitchenaid handle 2 boxes of the WASC?
Thanks,
Molly

9 replies
JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 10

If you mean the full recipe - starting with 2 boxes - mine just barely made it. It worked, but it was really, really full icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 10

2 boxes of cake mixes with the WASC ingredients, or two full recipes?

I think it would be a stretch and you would probably have a very full mixer, if it didn't overfill if you did the two boxes of stuff plus all the other stuff.

I use the extender recipes, which is basically like the WASC just divided where you use one cake mix and half of the stuff called for. (One cup flour, one cup sugar, one cup yogurt/sour cream.....)

SammieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SammieB Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 10

I have 4-1/2 qt. too and mine was definitely overfull. It kept trying to slosh out. I was much better off either halving the recipe or using my huge pyrex bowl and handmixer.

MollyHammond Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 10

Huge bowl and hand mixer it is. I need 2 full recipes for a 1/2 sheet cake. Thanks for the help.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:24pm
post #6 of 10

A 12x18 takes 14 cups of batter.

If you are using the following recipe...

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc

You would know need one of them to fill the 12x18. Do you have two pans that you plan on baking at the same time? If not and you plan to do two layers I would just mix up one recipe, bake that and then do it again.

MollyHammond Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:47pm
post #7 of 10

I am using 2-12x18 to make a single layer sheet cake for a graduation. I have one already done but borrowed my mom's kitchenaide hoping it would all fit. Not much fun. Oh, well.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 10

Whenever I make a WASC sheet cake with 2 layers, I halve the recipe, make the batter, pour it into a larger bowl, make another batch, pour the second batch into the bowl with the first batch and stir to combine both batters. While you should not have to do this if you duplicate both batches, I have have duplicate batches taste slightly differently. So, I take this extra step before pouring the batter into the pans to avoid this problem.

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 10

I bought the 5qt glass bowl to fit my KA45 just so I could mix the entire WASC recipie at one time. It's still full, but it works and was sooooo worth the investment!

MollyHammond Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 9:31pm
post #10 of 10

Great idea. Hadn't thought about that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%