Could This Be Done ?

Decorating By mommynana Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 1:53pm by mommynana

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 13

I want to make this shoe, Could the straps of gumpaste be put on going in and out like they are on the shoe . Or is this impossible

12 replies
mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 13

pic not att.

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 13

Try again

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 13

Trying

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 13

had to put it in this way http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2053460

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 13

I think I understand what you are asking. Check out the buckles on my Hello Kitty cake in my photos. If this is what you are trying to do on a smaller scale, then I can tell you yes it can be done. It is actually an illusion. The gumpaste does not go through the buckle. I made my buckle ahead and let it dry. Then you take a tiny piece of gumpaste and attach it on the underside (that will not be seen) of the buckle. Attach the other end of the gumpaste to the other side of the buckle. then I took a tiny little piece of gumpaste painted to match the buckle and attached that to look like the little prong that goes through the holes in a real buckle. At this point all you need to do is make your shoe and attach on end of the 'strap' to the backside of the buckle. Then attach the other end of the 'strap' to the other side of the buckle. These should be attached so that the ends are hidden under the backside of the buckle where they won't be easily seen. The you take a small piece of gumpaste that matches the 'strap' and attach it to the end of the buckle where the extra strap would come out of a real buckle (hope that makes sense! lol ) Make sure you make some little holes in this piece so it looks like a real strap. And voila! Done.

peetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peetz Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 13

Cute shoe! Nothing is impossible. With gum paste it can be make just like the shoe is make, make slits and pull it through. I know, easier said than done. Post pics when your done, it's going to be cute.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:59pm
post #8 of 13

ok now that I see the pic, it's not quite what I thought you were asking, but the same basic principle applies. Think of every part you see as a separate piece of gumpaste and attach them together in the correct pattern (like a putting puzzle pieces together!) Don't try to weave long pieces together when it would be simpler to 'glue' smaller pieces together to get the same effect.

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:01pm
post #9 of 13

Misdawn, thank you, I dont know if I`m making myself clear, But I`m talking about the frount of the shoe where the straps go in and out of toung thingy

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:03pm
post #10 of 13

Have you ever made a pie with a lattice top? It looks to be the same sort of thing - just weaving. I bet if you youtube some lattice pie videos you will find something to help you.

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:06pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

ok now that I see the pic, it's not quite what I thought you were asking, but the same basic principle applies. Think of every part you see as a separate piece of gumpaste and attach them together in the correct pattern (like a putting puzzle pieces together!) Don't try to weave long pieces together when it would be simpler to 'glue' smaller pieces together to get the same effect.

I think I got you, thanks, icon_smile.gif

mommynana Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks everyone, just finished the shoe, I don`t think it came out that bad, I`ll post pic. when it`s dried and all done,

mommynana Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:53pm
post #13 of 13

this is the finished shoe. Please tell me what you think, and what should i have done diff, Thank you http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2054328

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%