What To Make With Caramel Flavoured Chocolate?

Baking By Dayti Updated 4 Jun 2011 , 1:54am by yortma

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:49am
post #1 of 4

So I just started using Valrhona chocolate (yay!) and it is delicious. I ordered some of their Caramelia caramel flavoured chocolate. It is divine, but I don't know what to make with it! Other than melting it and drizzling it over cupcake frosting... any suggestions? It's the colour of milk chocolate and comes in oval shaped drops, bigger than chocolate chips. I sell cupcakes, cakes, cookies, brownies, cake pops mainly in my bakery...I want to put it in something cos 3kg of this stuff is sitting in my store and it's dangerous to have lying around.

3 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 12:45am
post #2 of 4

That sounds SO good, I wouldn't do anything but what you said: melt it and drizzle it on whatever you have at hand. Or I guess you could make it into ganache and spread it on. The nice thing about ganache is that, since all you add is cream, you wouldn't lose that amazing flavor.

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 12:58am
post #3 of 4

They sound like they'd be perfect in cookies! If the chips are a lot bigger than the regular chips, chop them into smaller pieces and toss them in.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 4 Jun 2011 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

Melt it, cool it and mix into a good French buttercream. (up to one ounce chocolate per yolk used in recipe). Add a little Godiva chocolate or caramel liqueur if you have it. Fabulous!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%