Who Has Sylvia Weinstocks Book Sweet Celebrations

Baking By CNCS Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 2:24pm by CNCS

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:26am
post #1 of 3

I purchased it today for my Nook. In the basic guidance section can some one tell me exactly what it says in the book for filling the pans.

My nook version says... "Always preheat the oven. Always fill the prepared pans 1/4A full".

Now thats not right at all...1/4A.
Can someone clarify this for me. Its on pg 21 of my nook not sure what page the book its self is.

Thanks.

2 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 1:41am
post #2 of 3

I have the book. I'm sorry, I don't know what a Nook is though. Anyway, on page 13 of the book, in the "About Cakes" section, she has a paragraph that reads as follows:

"I recommend that you butter your cake pans and line them with parchment. This ensures that cakes will come out the of the pans evenly, not in ragged sections. Buttering the pan(s) will produce nicely browned, moist cakes. Always preheat the oven. Always fill the prepared pans 3/4 full. Place the pans in the center of the oven to assure even heat."

I'm guessing this is the paragraph you are referring to -- and it should be 3/4, not 1/4 full. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you I sooooo knew that was not right never in my life seen any kind of instructions as 1/4A full. Guess who ever typed the nook content screwed that up. Ive found other typos this morning.

Love my e-reader but this is one of the down sides to them typos.

Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%