How To Colour Leaves To Match Cream Roses

Decorating By scottijai Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm by cherrycakes

scottijai Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scottijai Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a wedding cake with cream roses. I am struggling with what colour to do the leaves with can anyone please give me some tips. I would be most grateful
Scottijai

5 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 6

I recently did a 25th anniversary cake (in my photo gallery) that was pink and white. I chose to keep the leaves ivory but lightly painted the veins green (diluted with vodka). It gave the illusion of green leaves but kept it very subtle as I felt that green leaves would be overpowering. Hope that helps!

scottijai Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, thank you very much for leaving your message. I had a look at your cake your work is so lovely, I will try your suggestion out tomorrow. I am actually looking for some glass cake boards have you ever come across anything like this. I have seen them on the internet but have been unable to find any for sale. Would be grateful for any help
Many thanks.

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

glass cake boards? are you looking for Flexi-glass?

scottijai Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 9:42am
post #5 of 6

Hi there, thanks for your reply. To be honest I am not sure what I am looking for but if the flexi glass looks like glass then that would do fine. I saw them being used by some cake designers and thought they looked really different
Scottijai

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for you compliments! I wish I could help you with the glass idea but I'm also not sure of where you would get that. I wonder if a glass cutting store could help you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%