Decorating Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By bunnypatchbaker Updated 31 May 2011 , 1:50pm by splymale

bunnypatchbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnypatchbaker Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:26am
post #1 of 3

I have an order for this weekend for a full size cake that is to be half carrot and half strawberry. They want it all iced with cream cheese frosting then decorated on the top. The design they have chosen is quite large and will cover the entire top of the full sized cake. I have never colored cream cheese frosting and am concerned if this will even work. How do the colors come out when mixed with cream cheese frosting? Would I be better off to make everything from fondant and then placed them on top of the frosting? Won't the fondant sweat when removed from the fridge? It is going to be in the 90's here this weekend and so the cream cheese frosting is going to have to be kept in the fridge. Any suggestions would be great to help me figure this out!

2 replies
lissergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissergirl Posted 31 May 2011 , 11:50am
post #2 of 3

I use azeboi2005's Decorator Cream Cheese recipe here in the recipe section. It works VERY well and is better than any other cream cheese recipe. I live in Mississippi and it gets very hot and humid here. Unless the cake's going to be outside, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

You can add a little more powdered sugar to it and a little meringue powder to keep it from getting too glossy if that's a concern.

Cream Cheese is one of my personal favorites and this one is great! Good Luck!

Here's the link:
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4183/decorator-cream-cheese

splymale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
splymale Posted 31 May 2011 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 3

On cream cheese icing, I decorate with buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%