Cake Classes Near Springfield Massachusetts

Decorating By kristy83 Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm by kristy83

kristy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristy83 Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 4

I just moved with my family to an area close to Springfield and would love to take some more cake decorating classes. I took some classes through Planet Cake in Sydney, Australia and loved them.
I would love to take some classes, but have not really been able to find anything other than the Wilton classes offered.
Please help with any information you have, I appreciate it.

Kristy

3 replies
FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Kristy. I know of only two places; one is in Meriden CT- go to CakeDecorators.com for information. Carol Murdock teaches cake decorating at Manchester Community College, also in CT. Probably 30 - 45 minutes from Springfield. I'm sorry I don't know of any in MA. I grew up there, but didn't start decorating until I moved to CT.

hrnewbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hrnewbie Posted 31 May 2011 , 3:25am
post #3 of 4

Welcome to MA! I've struggled to find classes locally as well. All I have been able to find are the Wilton courses and they just don't do it for me.

Have you looked into the MA ICES group? They do 4 meetings a year and in those meetings they do a number of classes. There's actually a session coming up at the end of June and they're offering a few different classes over the weekend. They also do a Lambeth course that following week for 4 straight days. I can't afford the class or get time off of work so I'm not going to be able to do that one. I've not been to an MA ICES event yet but will hopefully be hitting up the one in June. I find that these sort of classes, also held during cake shows, can be a great way to learn new skills. Here's the link to info on the June event:

http://www.massices.com/Our_Next_Event.html

kristy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristy83 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you ladies!
I will look into both the classes in CT and the June meeting of ICES. If my husband doesn't mind watching my daughter for the weekend, I'll make out to it.
It's unfortunate that there really isn't anything more than Wilton classes out this way, but thanks for sharing what you know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%